Quantcast

transition blindside..with -1.5 degree offset cups

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
i dont know where to post this so please move it if you want to..
im just posting this because i havent seen before and after pics of the offset cups

before..~65 degree angle with sag

after..havent measured angle but wheelbase increased by an inch

i havent moved the bottom crown after installing the cups so the a2c stayed the same..

these cups are well worth it..the front end feels a lot more stable especially in faster corners and its still acceptable in slow corners

but it took quite a while to install..pretty hard to align the lines together and my head tube isnt faced so i ended up plastic hammering the cups in then use the headset tool..
cane creek double flush xc bearings fit in the cups but again i had to hammer it in since it was a tight fit with sh!tloads of grease

bike specs:
transition blindside
tune c rockshox vivid 5.1 on 5wt silkolene rsf oil with a 500# spring (i weigh ~165lb with gear)
09 boxxer race with 5wt silkolene rsf oil with the silver spring
funn fatboy uncut(750mm)
funn direct mount stem(the one that comes with ti bolts)
the rest doesnt matter

Last edited:

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
Hey man, nice ride, i have a friend who just bought a blindside and i mentioned he try these cups, What brand are they where did you get them???

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
I got these cups from the ready to ride online shop...

the guy that made these cups comes on here too and I think he's the owner of the site

im not home at the moment so I can't check his nick now (if you want to know now check my old posts)

edit: i found the guys nick on here, Rick205..props to him for making these cups
and the site...Ready to Ride Cycles

Last edited:

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
Good struff... It is great to see another HKmonkey at here..
I also want to install the angled headset cup at my bike... I think the alignment is little bit tricky to work..enjoy the ride!

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
Good struff... It is great to see another HKmonkey at here..
I also want to install the angled headset cup at my bike... I think the alignment is little bit tricky to work..enjoy the ride!
i have been reading on here for a long time..just cant be bothered to register and post..some of my friends come on to look at the pics too

not too many bike shops in hong kong have the proper tool to take 1.5 inch headsets out properly(without hammer + screwdriver hammering the sides) so i dont really recommend you trying this as i think the cups will dent/break if you hammer it out...and what bike are you trying to get them on?

it wasnt that hard installing the top cup but you have to align it straight or else your fork will be slanted...the bottom was pretty hard even with the hole since i cant find anything long enough that fits

i just tried these out today at tai mo shan and my bike feels a lot more stable on chuen lung and kap lung at least..havent tried other trails yet..didnt really sleep that much the night before and i had to go to classes afterwards

brian field said:
What reducer cups did you use ,, socom or sunday?
i used the socom -1.5 degree cups..perhaps you'd be interested from the pm convo i had with the guy that made these cups..

Rick205 said:
my question - will these cups will fit on a transition blindside with a 120mm headtube.

For the blindside i would probably go with the -1.5deg cups as these are the closest to being perfect fitment - the -1deg sunday cups would be 7mm out which would work but may cause premature bearing wear though we have fitted these to a bike that has a 15mm longer ht length than intended and we have had no problems thus far.