Quantcast

Transition components

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
I see alot of people are rocking transition bikes on this forum but i haven't seen much in the way of people rocking their components/wheelsets. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. What are people's thoughts on their non-frame products.

I posted this in freeriding but got very few responses so i reposted in here.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Most of their components are on the budget end of things, which doesnt mean theyre not good. The wheelset is one of the best deals you will find for DH wheels. The hubs are joytech, same as an azonic outlaw, which arent exactly trick but people have been using them for years. My favorite product is probably the pedals, super low profile, pretty light, and dirt cheap compared to alot of their competition. The steam is kinda heavy, but really cheap. A few of the components are limited just by the number of people they will work for. The chainguide is a 36T max, which elimintaes alot of people, and the handlebar is only 660mm, which is fine for some but many prefer wider. Alot of people are using the wheels, and we have sold alot of pedals. I think the limited sizing on the other stuff is why you havent seen much of that.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I built mine from the ground up, She is weighing in right at 41.5. Avid juicy sevens truvative hussefelt cranks x9 drivetrain 66 RC2 ETA fork singletrack wheels on xt hubs. Diabolus bars stem and seatpost slim jim seat

Pic for ya

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
Wow, I've seen good looking Dirtbags, but this ain't one of em. I find it visually offensive for some reason. A hodgepodge if you will. No offense but something about that picture is horrible and you don't have a single component made by transition. What year frame is that?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Its an 05, and yes I dislike the color as well, but I got a screaming deal on it as a frame only, That pic was taken right after I built it up and hadnt cut the steerer to fit the bike better yet either. After the winter series in Fontana I am going to strip it back down and Have It PC'd a whole new color. My Brother will add to the PC to make it match the helmet he painted for me, another poor pic, but the helmet is awesome.

I SHould add, that is not I repeat Not a Color that was offered By Transition, But was painted by the previous owner.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
What kind of riding do you mainly use it for? Based on the dual ring and clipless i would guess trailriding
All mountain and DH. I cant afford to have multiple sport specific bikes so I needed to make this one do everything. I ride clipless for everything. And if your curious its a 24/38 in the front, And for the most part I actually stay in teh 38, unless its just an absolutly gruelling climb and I need the little extra.