Quantcast

Transition Double

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
So the MOB looks like its on the way out the door, and so I'm considering something that will be a little different, AKA the Double.

So, any feelings about them? I want to run it dirt style, ss, no front brake, probably do some off roading stuff, if I race this summer (WI DH, 4" should be more then enough), etc. I will have the FG for trails, street, park, so between the two bikes I should have both my bases covered. So, again, any feelings?

Also, I've seen a couple posted for sale, does anyone have one for sale, or know someone selling one. I can get a new one from Kevin for a pretty good price, just seeing if a lightly used one might be available.

Thanks, in advance.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I have a friend looking for one as well for an all around free-ride style bike. Anyone have any thoughts on how it handles for drops too?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
im sure it will handle anything you can throw at it but keep in mind it is very short. It will be a bit of a handful if things get nasty on a dh trail. Drops will be fine unless they are into rough...

The short wheelbase makes the bike fun but tough in dh situations. I run into the same sketch factory on my bottlerocket but wouldnt trade it for anything now

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I haven't ridden a dual in years, and I've been on short HTs the whole time, riding courses including Plattekill. Around here we don't have anything to crazy, I'm sure I'll be ok. I was considering the bottlerocket, I just didn't want to much travel for what I'm doing.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Hey now, I used to ride duals all the time, I just had phased that out about the time I met you. Just saw the frame, thought it would be cool, and I good replacement for the MOB.

So ya got a king hset and a 31.6 thomson laying around to help the effort?

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
the double is a great bike, Kyle has been riping his since the fall when the video posted above was filmed. and we have been riding everything from skateparks to freeride to DS to DH the double is a great bike. hes on a double and I ride a bottle rocket. and they have been rocken.