Quantcast

Transition T.O.P. pr0n...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Got the TOP built up. just missing the front brake adapter... decent build spec. Got my 5 speed drive train rockin too. Half the build was carried over from my bullit.

TOP frame
Pike 426 coil
Azonic Outlaw rear with 5 speed cassette: 12.14.16.19.23. (32front)
Shimano 105 super short rear der.
Dt swiss Onyx front on WTB rim. (pin striped both rims)
Hayes mags 8" front back with Dangerboy gripped levers.
SRAM attack shifter
Funn Serial Killa stem
Easton 1" rise bars (got some 2" SIC Chase bars on the way)
FSA DH pig pro headset
RF prodigy DH cranks with RF Evolve FR bottom bracket
Shimano DX platforms
E13 SRS chainguide (soo to be replaced with the 32special)
Holy Rollers front and back.
Azonic seatpost and SDG seat.

Edit: got it weighed.. right about 34.75.. not bad, its got a few heavier components on there and some meaty holy rollers... swap out the seat, cut the post, stem and maybe some thinner tubes and it would get under 34.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Those are very nice bikes. Not sure I'm diggin' on the pinstripe tho...

How well can you roll back on the 5 speed? Seems like it would be more stable than a 9..

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
your bike looks really nice man. 5 speed is interesting too. That extra long der. cable in the back freaks me out though. It looks like a big loop that i would hook everything onto. dangerous imo.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
the cogs not against the cassette because theres only 5 of em.. theyre spaced/centered on the hub to get the best chainline for running 5 gears..

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
how much do those frames retail for? I looked around online but couldn't find much. looks pretty killer:cool:

edit: nevermind, I'm retarded. I guess to find the price you click on the PRICING link on their site. duh

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
cjcrashesalot said:
edit: nevermind, I'm retarded. I guess to find the price you click on the PRICING link on their site. duh
If your interested, give the guys at www.ride-this.com a call. I got all my stuff from them.. it took a few extra days to get here, but the guys there were very helpful and even cut a bit of slack on pricing since I orderd about a $1k worth of parts

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
fiddy_ryder said:
If your interested, give the guys at www.ride-this.com a call. I got all my stuff from them.. it took a few extra days to get here, but the guys there were very helpful and even cut a bit of slack on pricing since I orderd about a $1k worth of parts
I can;t wait to see that thing at the Whoops!

I've been toying with the idea of a Vagrant with a Pike up front.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
that vagrant sounds like a good idea.. maybe go with the 150mm travis or zoke 66 :D

its a totally different ball game jumping that thing.. boosts waaayyy more than the springy bullit. time to learn x ups and clicked tables,,,,,, maybe.,,,,,

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I like the Vagrant because the HA is 67 degrees and the BB height is 13" with a 150mm. With a Pike I could have HA angles between 67 and 69, BB heights sub 13" all with the U-Turn. My plan is it use it at the BMX track, Kenter, and Wilson.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
the pike just doesnt seem burly enough for the vagrant.. maybe the new 40mm tubed RS forks will have U turn and the 1.5.. that would be SICK..

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Im keeping the 5 speed,, it is perfect crusinig around town.. no way in hell am i throwing a 5lb dj saddle on there, hell im actually looking to get a lighter one than whats on there now. thinkin sdg bel air... id like to get this thing down to 33 lbs if possible.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
fiddy_ryder said:
Im keeping the 5 speed,, it is perfect crusinig around town.. no way in hell am i throwing a 5lb dj saddle on there, hell im actually looking to get a lighter one than whats on there now. thinkin sdg bel air... id like to get this thing down to 33 lbs if possible.
SDGs are pretty great. Not too heavy, comfy and strong.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
AN6 Freerider said:
nice bike bro. im tryn to decide which bike iw ant.
.243 freeride hardtail.
evil imperial
or 24 bicycles le toy 4
My personal pick out of those would be the Le Toy 4. Have you seen their new 'Moon' frame though?

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Damn man, that thing looks nice!
I'll have to give it a try next time we're up at the whoops.
Where do you ride urban? I live down the street from UCLA so let me know if you plan on riding around there. I haven't ridden the streets in a while and I'm itching to use my rebuilt P2 :rofl:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
yer more than welcome to go for spin. got some new bars and stem put on, along with teh front braided line.. just looking for a new seat now.

SIC chase 2" bars,, teh 13* sweep on these is perfect
Blk Mrkt Underboss stem. also pimpin, and about 100g lighter than my funn. If i swap the seat, and go with 6" brakes, it should be under 34lbs..