Quantcast

Transition TransAM - amount of travel?

crashwins

Monkey
Nov 4, 2009
Hey folks - anyone have experience with this frame? I'm looking at a 2009 Transition TransAM used..Wondering what would be the appropriate travel for the front fork? I've got a Fox with about 4.5" of travel, but I see people using like 160s on this bike! Also, can't find out if this is ISCG or ISCG 05? I'm guessing the former. Thanks!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Hey folks - anyone have experience with this frame? I'm looking at a 2009 Transition TransAM used..Wondering what would be the appropriate travel for the front fork? I've got a Fox with about 4.5" of travel, but I see people using like 160s on this bike! Also, can't find out if this is ISCG or ISCG 05? I'm guessing the former. Thanks!
These bikes are super fun, I had mine built with a few different builds and forks, first I had a Fox 32 Talas and more recently with a Fox 36 Talas. The 36 was an older model with 3mm travel adjustments throughout the travel range; this allowed me to play around with different travel settings, I found the bike felt best with 120-140mm up front, any more felt too much slowed the steering down etc. any less made the bike feel a little nervous on descents but was great for climbing. Also mine was 2009 as well and had ISCG 05. Good luck with the build I'm sure you will love it.

crashwins

Monkey
Nov 4, 2009
Great. Thanks for the info. Bummer about the guide, though! I have an e13 guide but it's an ISCG not ISCG05. Thought they started using those after 09. The frame Im getting is the orange color - wondering if you possibly have a 2010? Thanks!