Quantcast

Trash it or keep it

roberts

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
Endoed the landing of a gap-jump. Over the bars into take-off of the next jump. Broken arm. Broken front triangle of a 2001 DHi. Bike has been hammered for 6 years - expert level podium finisher.

Anyone have a small DHi front triangle for cheap?

If not, would you buy a frame & shock for about $300 or just junk it for a new bike.

Before you answer - I will be slowing down with this injury. No more big jumps, races or super risky riding. I am 37 & don't want to miss any of the 15 years or so I have left of surfing at a top level.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Endoed the landing of a gap-jump. Over the bars into take-off of the next jump. Broken arm. Broken front triangle of a 2001 DHi. Bike has been hammered for 6 years - expert level podium finisher.

Anyone have a small DHi front triangle for cheap?

If not, would you buy a frame & shock for about $300 or just junk it for a new bike.

Before you answer - I will be slowing down with this injury. No more big jumps, races or super risky riding. I am 37 & don't want to miss any of the 15 years or so I have left of surfing at a top level.
Get GT to replace it. Good luck with the arm man....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
mount that puppy on the wall, like a trophy.

Get yourself a new ride...... and heal up! ouch!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I am 37 & don't want to miss any of the 15 years or so I have left of surfing at a top level.
There's some surfers out there, much older than you surfing above what the young guys are surfing at so don't feel so bad......you have many years ahead of you for that stuff.

As far as the bike just junk it unless GT will replace it. Plead your case and see where it goes. What's the worst thing they can say?

I feel you on cracked frames and such. It was hard taking it all apart to part it out but it wasn't work the $$$ to fix or repair/replace. You can always treat these situations as a learning experience.