Quantcast

Trashformations (actually bike related)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
For today's commute I took the cruiser and cut through a little park/shopping area down by the river called The Old Mill. Every year here in Bend there is a "contest" to see who can make the best sculpture out of trash. It's called Trashformations. Artists use anything in the junkyard/building supply place to create their pieces. This week they are on display for the public and I snapped a few pictures on my way through. I wish I was this creative.

The most impressive is a proportionally correct sculpture of a grizzly bear fishing. It's 11’ tall and measures 20’ from snout to rump and weighs close to two tons. It’s made entirely of scap metal...some attorney bought it and is going to put it on his estate here. WOW.

Sorry, this one is a little blurry but I thought it was cute.

This fountain was really cool. It's made of pots, pans, hubcap....

And a bike related one! Awesome use of old helmets. :)

J

JRB

Who knows what this little guy has that is round and hooked to the hose???

J

JRB

DRB said:
Cool pics.

This would be cooler if it moved and shot flames and laser beams.
Hooked up to propane it will shoot flames. We use them here to burn the stickers off of prickly pears for cattle to eat. I am sure they use them to start controlled burns up in the forestry regions.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
loco said:
Hooked up to propane it will shoot flames. We use them here to burn the stickers off of prickly pears for cattle to eat. I am sure they use them to start controlled burns up in the forestry regions.
I'm not sure if anyone uses propane, but things may have changed/be different out west. Usually burns (both controlled and on a wildfire) are ignited w/ driptorches (that dude looks similar, but uses a mix of 3 diesel/1gasoline), fusies, these cool phosphorous balls and a few other devices. Most all of my experience is w/ driptorches and fusies. Its kind of fun.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Those are all frikkin awesome, the fox too!

i was just yappin with a carpenter today about all the trash that get's tossed from these big commercial jobs we work on. We weren't thinking about art so much as building cabins and such.....