Quantcast

[:{Trashy Tuesday GMT}:]

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

First run in a while yesterday afternoon. It was difficult, hot, and I was slow. It's amazing how fast you can lose fitness when you slack off, My legs are cooked and I didn't even run that far.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Another fairly busy week of work in store for me. I'm not a fan of this whole being busy thing. I'd like to go back to weeks where I get paid just to show up.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Going on a work trip for the Cannes film festival tomorow. I am hyped but dead tired since I am not a fancy shmancy place resident I had to do some preparation and that + extra work with the festival is damn tiring.

On the bright side, watching movies and going to parties as a part of the job is something I can live with.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. My big accomplishment yesterday was finally finishing detailing both of our cars. Pain in the ass, but badly needed. Here's a representative shot, noting the reflections/lack thereof on the hood:

Much more on the experience in my thread: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16951&p=3897732#post3897732

Today my big accomplishment will be returning the random orbital + polishing pads used in this endeavor to the local Harbor Freight store, primarily because I'm a cheap bastard. :D (Secondary reasons are that the pads are ripping already and I ordered a dual action polisher so won't need the random orbital at all.)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
:wave:

First run in a while yesterday afternoon. It was difficult, hot, and I was slow. It's amazing how fast you can lose fitness when you slack off, My legs are cooked and I didn't even run that far.
I hear that, man. I am just starting back up on the treadmill after my four month surgery break. My fitness level is there, but my legs are seriously lagging behind.

'Morning, kids. While I am doing a pretty good job of cutting back the calories after putting on a few surgery pounds, when someone at work puts a cupcake down in front me, I'm going to eat the cupcake.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Three days until I start pedaling the Kokopelli... officially in "resting" mode. Been riding a lot, time to recover a bit to start the ride fresh. Rode with Nick yesterday, then drank beers. Ah yes... summertime!

New girl at the office has a distinct resemblance to the boomerang kid in Mad Max.
:twitch:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

New place is working out pretty well. The cat is still a little lost as to why I am 2 houses away and not in the old house, but she slept with me last night. She comes in/out via the window, seems to work out nice.

I think I can also officially call myself a non-smoker again. I stopped when I first started to really ride again back in '99 and had not smoked in 10 years until shortly after the divorce in '09. I've been talking about stopping again for a while now, but it wasn't until I was set to move out that I decided I needed to sack up and do it.

Of course on day 3 I got sick as a dog, but not smoking has helped the recovery process I guess. :)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good day.

Managed to break a pivot bolt on my bike. I don't know 'when' but I discovered it near the top of a sh!tty long rocky climb (Belcher) and had to limp my way back down vs rip one of the better DH singletracks (Longhorn) in the 'hood. Case of the Mondays, indeed.

Now I can't seem to get the broken pivot apart so I can replace it. *!#>*% bikes are dumb.

I think I can also officially call myself a non-smoker again.
:clapping:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Good day.

Managed to break a pivot bolt on my bike. I don't know 'when' but I discovered it near the top of a sh!tty long rocky climb (Belcher) and had to limp my way back down vs rip one of the better DH singletracks (Longhorn) in the 'hood. Case of the Mondays, indeed.

Now I can't seem to get the broken pivot apart so I can replace it. *!#>*% bikes are dumb.

:clapping:
Maverick > Longhorn *almost* makes the slog up Belcher worth it :thumb: