Quantcast

Traumed

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
So I woke up yesterday with an awfull aching pulled muscle behind my left knee.(off to the side near my IT Band attachment).. this am it got worse and I have realized that I also pulled a muscle in the same exact place on my right leg and I pulled my right Oblique.... yes thats right I pulled my oblique muscle... This is a FIRST!!!

I took a gnarly Kick Boxing class tuesday night and I think that might have caused this....(I have not kick boxed in almost 2 yrs). Walking lunges across the entire gynasium a few times with a 12 lb body bar behing my neck was the culprit I think.

Anyway I have been doing RICE... rest/ice/compression/elevation but it has not helped. I just went to Whole Foods and the women in the Vitamin area suggested a homeopathic remedy: Traumed Gel. Have any of you monkeys tried this stuff and if so does it work?????

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
JOJO, that's the same leg I pulled the muscle on, my upper calf, right behind the knee!

Let me know about that stuff, maybe I'll try it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sounds like she is trying to sell you an expensive version of Ben Gay. I've never tried stuff like that. I find Advil, ice, heat, and rest to work the best.

Sorry you're hurtin', Jo. :( Waking lunges just plain SUCK (in a good way, of course).

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by Heidi
JOJO, that's the same leg I pulled the muscle on, my upper calf, right behind the knee!

Let me know about that stuff, maybe I'll try it.
OkDOke:D

I had to cancel class this morning:( and now the suns coming out and I cant ride:( boo hoo hooooooooooo:p

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by JOJO

OkDOke:D

I had to cancel class this morning:( and now the suns coming out and I cant ride:( boo hoo hooooooooooo:p
My lunch ride yesterday loosened it up a bit. I'm not limping and lurching around the office like earlier this week.

Usually with muscle and cartilage damage or injury you really want to go with an internal homeopathic remedy instead of topical. It is usually more effective.

I am a living example of that. When I lived in San Diego I sent my motorcycle off Poway Road and nearly died(some may know where I'm talking about). I recuperated in the back country out in Descanso and used a homeopath in Alpine, CA. I had a crushed rib cage, spinal fractures, fractured scapula, and a dislocated hip. I spent two months in the hospital and on being released, the doctors had told me I wouldn't be capable of walking normally for another 3 to 6 months. My friends that put me up took me to the homeopath and she prescribed several different herbal remedies to be taken internally. Following her treatments I was walking in one week.

Revisit the homeopath and see if she can recommend some internals that promote muscle and cartilage healing/regeneration.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by mudpup
Usually with muscle and cartilage damage or injury you really want to go with an internal homeopathic remedy instead of topical. It is usually more effective.

I am a living example of that. When I lived in San Diego I sent my motorcycle off Poway Road and nearly died(some may know where I'm talking about). I recuperated in the back country out in Descanso and used a homeopath in Alpine, CA. I had a crushed rib cage, spinal fractures, fractured scapula, and a dislocated hip. I spent two months in the hospital and on being released, the doctors had told me I wouldn't be capable of walking normally for another 3 to 6 months. My friends that put me up took me to the homeopath and she prescribed several different herbal remedies to be taken internally. Following her treatments I was walking in one week.

Revisit the homeopath and see if she can recommend some internals that promote muscle and cartilage healing/regeneration.
Yes, I grew up in Poway. Were you up on the grade?

Heidi,
I didn't grow up in the area like you. I was a photographer at NAS Miramar and used to ride all over the area on the old Beemer I had. I sent the bike and myself down into a ravine like area. You know, when I drove back through there in my new Jeep about a year after the crash, it didn't seem like it was really that bad of an area. It just made me look like a lousy rider. I remember flying in the air over a road sign, going down through a tree, and waking up in a thicket of manzanita. I was trailing a Porsche 911 pretty tight and went too wide. The guy didn't see me in his rear view mirror and came back to see if I crashed - I still remember hearing his footsteps up above on the pavement. He called the police and I remember they had to rapel down to me and lift me out on a caged stretcher with ropes. I was so pissed because they cut off my full leathers and boots with a pair of scissors and left them laying there, but, they brought my shattered helmet along to the little hospital there. Then the Navy thugs came and took me down to San Dog to Balboa Naval Hospital.

That Porsche driver saved my life by coming back. There was no way I could have crawled out of there with my injuries.

After I got out of the canoe club I stayed out there for a while, but got tired of it all and came back east.

1speed

Chimp
Oct 1, 2001
boulder
Originally posted by JOJO
So I woke up yesterday with an awfull aching pulled muscle behind my left knee.(off to the side near my IT Band attachment).. this am it got worse and I have realized that I also pulled a muscle in the same exact place on my right leg and I pulled my right Oblique.... yes thats right I pulled my oblique muscle... This is a FIRST!!!

I took a gnarly Kick Boxing class tuesday night and I think that might have caused this....(I have not kick boxed in almost 2 yrs). Walking lunges across the entire gynasium a few times with a 12 lb body bar behing my neck was the culprit I think.

Anyway I have been doing RICE... rest/ice/compression/elevation but it has not helped. I just went to Whole Foods and the women in the Vitamin area suggested a homeopathic remedy: Traumed Gel. Have any of you monkeys tried this stuff and if so does it work?????
I have used that before. It seems to work but my injury was not as severe as yours. I have also used different forms of arnica (gel/internal) for crashes. The arnica may be a little more for bruises and aches, it really worked for me but everyone is different. There is a guy who works @ wholefoods in the nutrition dept. that seems to know his stuff pretty well. His name is Jim and he knows a lot about the body. You may try asking him if he is working. There is another woman named julie that used to race for yeti that works there. They should be able to give you the straight story. Also, you can return anything there with a receipt if you do not like it so you can always get your $ back if something is not working for you. good luck healing

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by 1speed

I have used that before. It seems to work but my injury was not as severe as yours. I have also used different forms of arnica (gel/internal) for crashes. The arnica may be a little more for bruises and aches, it really worked for me but everyone is different. There is a guy who works @ wholefoods in the nutrition dept. that seems to know his stuff pretty well. His name is Jim and he knows a lot about the body. You may try asking him if he is working. There is another woman named julie that used to race for yeti that works there. They should be able to give you the straight story. Also, you can return anything there with a receipt if you do not like it so you can always get your $ back if something is not working for you. good luck healing
Cool thanks for the info everyone. The Traumed seems to be helping .. after using it for the first night I woke up with no pain at all in my right leg.. my left leg still hurt but it felt much better..... my oblique seemed to start feeling better immediatley too. So far THUMBS UP for the Traumed....

I was able to ride today and it felt pretty good:)

kafin8ed

Devil Goat Boy
Aug 12, 2001
Woodland Hills, CA
hey i was curious, what is this Traumed Gel stuff? what does it say on the ingredients? the only thing that I've used like that is mineral ice which helps but is certainly not a cure-all...