Quantcast

Travel choices.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
TF shows a ton of trails "behind" Roslyn though, so I was wondering if that stuff was good, like for much bigger epic rides.
I could see being stoked on the access if it was the backyard. I live an hour south and haven't ever really been energetic about learning all the trails in Roslyn. I know theres some big slabs back in the Teanaway that are worth checking out. Honestly, Kachess is the trail to hit if cruising over i90. The trails off Cove Rd/Manashtash in Ellensburg have been getting tons of development also. That's all xc stuff with the potential for putting in some 30-40 mile circuits without much repetition.

Being from Yakima it has been tragic watching the west siders pour over i90 and populate the east side, especially the last 10 years. I swear most of the west siders don't even know the majority of the state is arid.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Is a crepe not a French taco?
similar in form only. When a restaurant says they serve French tacos, it is a ton of barely spiced shit, including French fries, rolled up in a flour tortilla and toasted in a panini grill. French people themselves will freely admit that they are terrified of spices. They love their herbes de Provence, but they will run screaming from anything with heat. I can't even buy cinnamon-based candy because it doesn't exist here.

Flour tortillas are available here, but they are shitty and expensive. But at least that makes burritos a possibility.

Corn tortillas are not available here. We have bought them on-line but they are like cardboard. Such is our desperation for tacos, we tolerate this. Tho they do fry up good for tostadas, if you can find refried beans, which you usually can't. We buy those online as well.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
similar in form only. When a restaurant says they serve French tacos, it is a ton of barely spiced shit, including French fries, rolled up in a flour tortilla and toasted in a panini grill. French people themselves will freely admit that they are terrified of spices. They love their herbes de Provence, but they will run screaming from anything with heat. I can't even buy cinnamon-based candy because it doesn't exist here.

Flour tortillas are available here, but they are shitty and expensive. But at least that makes burritos a possibility.

Corn tortillas are not available here. We have bought them on-line but they are like cardboard. Such is our desperation for tacos, we tolerate this. Tho they do fry up good for tostadas, if you can find refried beans, which you usually can't. We buy those online as well.
Do we need to pitch in and send you a care package? No Mexican food is some bullshit.

This is the Masa I use for Tamales, https://www.ndfgruma.com/products/ I don't make my own tortillas because I can get them fresh, still warm off the griddle $5 for like 60 of them, but they're pretty easy to make. They sell it somewhere in Europe, so you should be able to get it in France, right?

As for PNW travel, or whatever this thread was supposed to be about, I actually dig Seattle. Granted I haven't been there in a good long while, but there's lots of good food, and cool shit to see. It's touristy as hell, but the Underground tour was pretty interesting, and if there's still the mini doughnut place in Pikes Place it's worth eating 60-70 of those. Seattle is also close to Canadia, so depending on Covid restrictions you can make it a two-for-one kind of a vacation.

I don't understand Portland, been there a few times, it's a kind of cool city, I guess, but I don't see why you'd vacation there over a few dozen other PNW locations.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Do we need to pitch in and send you a care package? No Mexican food is some bullshit.

This is the Masa I use for Tamales, https://www.ndfgruma.com/products/ I don't make my own tortillas because I can get them fresh, still warm off the griddle $5 for like 60 of them, but they're pretty easy to make. They sell it somewhere in Europe, so you should be able to get it in France, right?

As for PNW travel, or whatever this thread was supposed to be about, I actually dig Seattle. Granted I haven't been there in a good long while, but there's lots of good food, and cool shit to see. It's touristy as hell, but the Underground tour was pretty interesting, and if there's still the mini doughnut place in Pikes Place it's worth eating 60-70 of those. Seattle is also close to Canadia, so depending on Covid restrictions you can make it a two-for-one kind of a vacation.

I don't understand Portland, been there a few times, it's a kind of cool city, I guess, but I don't see why you'd vacation there over a few dozen other PNW locations.
Sucessful thread hijack...
Thanks for your concern, but we are getting by. We grow enough New Mexico green chile every summer to last all year, we can get jalapenos, corn husks and masa for tamales, and we also grow tomatillos and cilantro for salsa verde.

we will retire in Portugal in 2 years where the local cuisine should be more interesting, plus way better seafood from the Atlantic.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It kind of seemed like Roslyn was trying to set up like Tokul, but just not enough trailwork.
and if there's still the mini doughnut place in Pikes Place it's worth eating 60-70 of those. Seattle is also close to Canadia, so depending on Covid restrictions you can make it a two-for-one kind of a vacation.

Naw, the mini-cheesecake place.

But there are so many places around the PacNW that are great. Even if it's raining.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ok after talking to the locals this ridiculous beach is a result of the Columbia River jetty reconstruction which has forced all the river silt onto the beach.