Quantcast

Travel Dilema: How many bikes???

How many bikes?

• Only 1: I ride my V-10 on xc rides all the time! You will love it!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Both: bring the enduro, your legs will thank you.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Ok here is the scoop: I am heading back to the states for 3 weeks to see some family, friends, and most importantly do some riding around the PNW.
I want to do some xc riding along with the usual dh stuff, but here is the problem: I got my new (to me) dh bike in the states waiting for me which is sweet, but my xc bike is here in NZ. The million dollar question: Am I crazy to even consider traveling (and flying back to NZ) with both bikes?? Or am I crazy for not taking my xc (ish) bike with me?
I just need some input from someone other than my girlfriend: her opinion can not be trusted. The less bikes stuff I pack the more of her crap I get to bring back.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Just be organized and that way you can ride lots of different trails and deal with both. If it were me I would just bring the Enduro because I prefer riding XC trails in new areas to enjoy the area.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Bicyclist said:
If it were me I would just bring the Enduro because I prefer riding XC trails in new areas to enjoy the area.
The problem is the V10 is already in the states, the enduro is here in NZ...I think I should bring it or I will miss out on lots of stuff that I want to ride.
This may be the most difficult decision I ever face in my life.:cool:

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
I went to a shop in town and got a box: I am bringing them both. Just too many good xc rides I wanna do, and not on a V10.

Post canyon, black rock, Whistler, Ashland, Oh my! Probably some Seattle area riding too with a few local friends.