Quantcast

>>> Travel Friday GTM >>>

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is a camp that has formed over the course of about a week at the bottom of the stairs by work. There used to be tents under the bridge, but that has been fenced off due to the construction nearby. So the have now gathered in the area next to the fence at the landing of the stairs.

There are now 2 dogs, 5 bikes, and 2 shopping carts loaded beyond capacity. I think there is even a few chairs now. Not sure if folks haven't noticed, or if folks just don't care anymore. They aren't using the stairs anymore, that's for sure.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There is a camp that has formed over the course of about a week at the bottom of the stairs by work. There used to be tents under the bridge, but that has been fenced off due to the construction nearby. So the have now gathered in the area next to the fence at the landing of the stairs.

There are now 2 dogs, 5 bikes, and 2 shopping carts loaded beyond capacity. I think there is even a few chairs now. Not sure if folks haven't noticed, or if folks just don't care anymore. They aren't using the stairs anymore, that's for sure.
drop off a 30 rack for them and they'll leave your shit alone

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
fixed... Flickr... now to figure out how to copy just the part of the link required by our handy dandy image embed button without all the extra crap flickr adds for you.
Solution: imgur

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Solution: imgur

Interesting - I, too, am suffering from pic posting problems post-photobucket's dooshy no third party hosting policy. I tried google photos but can't seem to embed them successfully on this site (perhaps I, too, suck at the internet).

imgur could be an option . . . anyone else use another service that they like?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was using Google+ as photo hosting but then they forced everything over to Google Photos, which doesn't allow hotlinking as you and I have both found out.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Interesting - I, too, am suffering from pic posting problems post-photobucket's dooshy no third party hosting policy. I tried google photos but can't seem to embed them successfully on this site (perhaps I, too, suck at the internet).

imgur could be an option . . . anyone else use another service that they like?
imgur

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I secondthird imgur. Two or three clicks from your phone to upload stuff and you can get the actual url without fussing with any forum or html tags.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
glad I'm not the only inept photo poster around here.

I can't believe there are so few vertical bike rack fabricators out there. Rat Rack/Arbutus rack were really onto something. Seems NSR and Recon are the only game in town these days.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
@Greyhound Isn't it a little early for Big Reds? We usually target them in Mid October. In fact, over the years, all of my family's citation fish have come between 10/12 &10/16, Of course, I am fishing at the way southern end of the state

Naah...they roll up into the lower Neuse River starting in Aug. and usually are out of there by mid-October. My best fishing comes right in the middle of Sept. They're munching on mullet chunks fished on the bottom right now cause they can be choosy. In about 2-3 weeks, when the numbers start to swell and the competition for food becomes more intense, they'll hit almost anything. My primary tactic is a popping cork with soft plastic over the 12ft. ledge lines up and down the river. Last year, I got my 9-year old son hooked up on his first one, and I couldn't peel him off the ceiling for two days after that....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Finally kicked my bank to the curb. Too many added crap lately. Every trip we have gone on they have shut down out account, and yes we always called them first. They lose notes, one branch does stuff for free the next charges....... Moved to usbank got 150 bucks for signing up, no longer have to worry about sending g in the mortgage. Everything in one place

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dark tower....unghhh....horrible.

shold have been a seven season tv show.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dark tower....unghhh....horrible.

shold have been a seven season tv show.
Shame.

I loved the original three books. Not so much the later released finale. Not sure if the quality went down or if just being older made a "fantasy" story less enjoyable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shame.

I loved the original three books. Not so much the later released finale. Not sure if the quality went down or if just being older made a "fantasy" story less enjoyable.
from what i've read about the movie, it wasn't really an adaptation of the plot of the book, kind of a retelling using the same characters and worlds.