Quantcast

Travel with Secus. Leave it on?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What's the procedure here? Vorsprung just says make sure the fork is not resting on it, but that seems like it might be a bit hard to achieve, I might try to use some U shaped plastic spacers that might do the trick, twisting the can inside of the leg, but do you take it off?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I leave mine on no worries!
The standard bit of plastic that sit's under most new bikes forks in the box lifts it well clear.

*edit* and I've not found any side to side clearance issues either,

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I leave mine on no worries!
The standard bit of plastic that sit's under most new bikes forks in the box lifts it well clear.

*edit* and I've not found any side to side clearance issues either,
What are you talking about, a cardboard new-bike box? I'm talking about an Evoc case.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think he means that little triangle thing that snaps to the fork's axle and keeps it off the footnuts helps out.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Still dont know what he’s talking about?
Couple of sizes of PVC pipe and saw.
Couple different thicknesses of cardboard.
Craft / Utility knife.
White Glue.
Packing tape.

I have built quite a few shipping gizmo's over the years.

I'm sure you could come up with something at the kitchen table over a couple of beers. :nerd:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I ended up undoing the brake, putting it in a sock, then rotating the Secus canister to be more in-line with the leg, then taping some cardboard against the can so it wouldn't hit the brake mount if it shifted, then some U-shaped travel spacers around the lower leg protrusion so it wouldn't sit on it. Lastly, this sign for the helpful TSA that likes to inspect my bike and leave all the shit loose.

1668654788041.png

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I ended up undoing the brake, putting it in a sock, then rotating the Secus canister to be more in-line with the leg, then taping some cardboard against the can so it wouldn't hit the brake mount if it shifted, then some U-shaped travel spacers around the lower leg protrusion so it wouldn't sit on it. Lastly, this sign for the helpful TSA that likes to inspect my bike and leave all the shit loose.

View attachment 184970
You forgot the magic word. :panic:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
All appears fine. As for “the magic word”, I believe Kidwoo has an entire thread based on the concept.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Why would you even visit Sydney?
When I was in Spain last I was a bit sozzled and was trying to talk some young people out of a future trip to Sydney.
Fuck that place!
That reminds me, I ordered an "In Stock" speaker from a shop in Sydney in September, still haven't got it.
People in the shop laughed at me when I went to pick it up, they said that in stock doesn't mean anything, smug fuckers in fancy jackets they were.
Have to chase that up again.

Last edited: