Quantcast

Travis Ride height?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
So i just got my new travis (as a backup fork ;) ) and i noticed the a-c height is pretty monstorous. I was wondering if anyone knew off hand if they lower crown could be dropped a bit before I run into frame/arch "problems"

KnightChild

Chimp
Sep 17, 2006
Noo Zealund
The arch shouldn't hit the frame before the tire hits the crown (when the lower crown is at it's lowest setting).
This MAY be different if you have a frame with an odd-design down-tube (like with a bulge before the headtube - I don't know of any) AND you're running a zero-stack headset.

I had the crown too low once and the tire buzzed the crown before it bottomed out but the arch didn't hit. I'm running an FSA Orbit-Z zerostack for a 1.5" headtube and Travis Ti 203mm (Michelin Comp32S and sometimes Minion DHF 2.5")
Which Travis is it?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
its the 180 '06. And my headset set up is pretty tall right now, no zero-stack here. I guess ill give it a shot. 9 inches of exposed stanchions is just begging to be lowered.

KnightChild

Chimp
Sep 17, 2006
Noo Zealund
its the 180 '06. And my headset set up is pretty tall right now, no zero-stack here. I guess ill give it a shot. 9 inches of exposed stanchions is just begging to be lowered.
9" is about as much as I have with the 8" version.:D
Hmm, you should be able to get it as low as 208mm or so.

tomyboy

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Irvine
If you want just lower handlebar height and have a regular stem, you can mount the top crown on top of the stem.