Quantcast

travis sc fork release dates

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah its definatly mid septeber i caclled them recently but you now they always wait until after the interbike shoe so probalby end of sept.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
freerideATL said:
203mm of travel..........on a single crown?????
why not just go for the dual crown?
That is a double crown I thought. I thought such forks as the Shiver and 888R were triple crown forks. Hmmm. :confused:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
rpk1988 said:
That is a double crown I thought. I thought such forks as the Shiver and 888R were triple crown forks. Hmmm. :confused:
No, that's triple CLAMP. The crowns "clamp" in three places: two fork tubes and one steer tube. A 888 is a dual crown, triple clamp style fork.

The Travis line comes in both single and double crown versions.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
rpk1988 said:
hahaha in ur face for all the times uve corrected me the wrong way!

A crown is the peice that holds the stanchions together. A crown is the same thing as a triple clamp.

A single crown fork only has a single crown under the head tube. On a single crown, the steer tube is connected to the crown.

A dual crown or dual triple clamp fork has a lower crown under the headtube that can be moved up and down (in which the steer tube is connected to). The top crown then tightens to the top of the 3 tubes.