Quantcast

travis?

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
your really not helping, i wanted to hear a little more detail ed thoughts because im gettin a new fork.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
sry no experince w/ a travis, but if it's anything like my sherman, it'll be sweet smooth for a few months till you have to change the oil, light weight, a little flexy, and nicely progressive dampening.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
a few of my friends felt the travis and said it was almost as plush as a 888. but i would rather a boxxer because the tuning range is way wider.

i just dont like manitous damping and seal/bushings they are really sticky and the small bump performance is crap. the only fork that works nicely is the dorado cause the intenals and seals are in oil 24/7.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
julian_dh said:
a few of my friends felt the travis and said it was almost as plush as a 888. but i would rather a boxxer because the tuning range is way wider.

i just dont like manitous damping and seal/bushings they are really sticky and the small bump performance is crap. the only fork that works nicely is the dorado cause the intenals and seals are in oil 24/7.
That's a great review, thanks!:rolleyes:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
julian_dh said:

How would you know the boxxer has a wider tuning range? Have you played with the damping? No.

The new fork uses a different damping system whuch allows it to pick up better on small bumps betetr than past forks as well. And if it was as plush as an 888 wouldn't it have great smal lbump sensitivity? The 888's almost feel like they are melting into the travel.

Nov 9, 2005
get the new 888rc2x i've only herd good things about them. It depends on what you want to do though if you are looking for something to hold up for the bigger drops and jumps but still feel nice on the trails get the 888 if you just want something for the trail riding and racing get the 40

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
you notice how we are talking about the trravis, i have just pushed down on one at mammoth, and i owuld have to say the fork has a great feel to it, but i have not ridn it so count me out