Quantcast

<^><^><^><^> Treesaw JBP HBD OMG LOL tuesday GMT <^><^><^><^><^><^>

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
day two on the ambulance is the books. I'm tired but damn today was fun. Yesterday I got to play hey , hello, oh fuck this ones circling the drain. Profuse sweating, non responsive, shallow breathing, thready pulse, no pupillary tracking sitting in a chair in the lobby of a dialysis center when we walked in. Told the receptionist to call 911, post Dialysis diabetic coma. Paramedics came and took them away. I have no Idea if they made it or not
Stupid question perhaps, but why did you have the receptionist call 911? Weren’t you there with your ambulance? Or this some kind of ambulance hierarchy?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well, HBD JBP! I’ve been really busy lately so haven’t been on here much. Just saw this though and had to drop it here for @Toshi — $325+ per hour for radiologists (full time too) in NZ atm because we desperately need em! Now that is a solid hourly rate.

‘Tis in NZD, though. And your housing is stupid expensive, no?

IMG_1178.jpeg

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Stupid question perhaps, but why did you have the receptionist call 911? Weren’t you there with your ambulance? Or this some kind of ambulance hierarchy?
Valid question. The Ambulance system has two components the 911 rigs are Paramedic (ALS) ambulances and EMT Ambulances (BLS) that belong to a corporation that summitted the winning bid to the county to provide 911 emergency services. Companies such as ours provide non emergency BLS inter facility transfers such as Skilled Nursing facility patient to a Dialysis center and back and we are paid by the patients insurance company to do so. In this case we had a patient on our gurney waiting for his dialysis chair to be ready. As an EMT I had a duty to act and get 911 coming and triage the patient, which transitioned into assisting the on site nurses. Our patients chair opened up and we off loaded. At that point we stood by as an emergency back up in case the 911 systems was overloaded and unable to respond a timely ambulance in which case we are allowed to transport to the nearest Emergency room. we left as soon as we heard on the radio that the 911 ambulance was 1 minute out and the nurses on scene said that they had it handled

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yes it is for a lot of people but on that rate that wouldn’t be a worry. You’d be comfortably in the upper tier of, well everything actually.
I will definitely consider it should I sour on this Colorado thing I have here. :)

For now the wife and kids are very tied to this area.