Quantcast

Trek recalls 49,000 girls bikes

Trek Bicycle Corp. of Waterloo is voluntarily recalling about 49,000 girls bicycles because the bike frames may break while in use.

Trek has received 13 reports of frames breaking, including four minor injuries, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday.

The recalled product is the Trek MT220 girls bicycles model years 2005, 2006 and 2007. The model name is printed on the frame of the bicycle. Model year 2008 bicycles are not included in the recall.

The bikes, manufactured in China and Taiwan, were sold for about $300 at authorized Trek dealers nationwide from April 2004 through June 2007.

Consumers can return the bike to a Trek dealer for a free replacement MT220 girls bicycle or a $100 discount on a different size Trek bicycle. For more information, contact Trek at (800) 373-4594.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2008/02/04/daily51.html

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I remember when Specialized recalled a bunch of kids bikes because the headtubes would break off. For our shop to get replacements we only had to send the head tubes back. So we had fun out back ghost riding bikes into a wall watching headtubes instantly snap off. I thought the Specialized rep was going to cry when he walked back there and saw us doing this to his bikes.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
I remember when Specialized recalled a bunch of kids bikes because the headtubes would break off. For our shop to get replacements we only had to send the head tubes back. So we had fun out back ghost riding bikes into a wall watching headtubes instantly snap off. I thought the Specialized rep was going to cry when he walked back there and saw us doing this to his bikes.
ooh!! That sounds like so much fun! Hahaha I wanna do that!