Quantcast

Trek Remedy vs Tomac Snyper

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
It looks like an all mountain rig is in my future and I've got it narrowed down to these two options right now. I'm trying to do a little digging and find the good and bad news about each of these.

I'm looking for something that will handle some abusive trail riding, but I live in SoCal and most of the riding here doesn't involve big jumps or drops. I tend to hit trails that require a pedal up for the bomb back down. However, I would like to have a rig tough enough that I won't be worried about it when things get rough, particularly if I travel to new trails (I do have a dedicated DH/FR rig for the big stuff). I tend toward bikes with short seat tubes and longer top tubes (6'1") and I like slack head angles. From what I've read, both of these bikes seem up to the task.

A few other points:

Tomac - I like supporting smaller companies, but I know these guys have been in and out of the grave a few times already. The carbon stay on the new model also makes me nervous.

Trek - I like that these guys are everywhere and that Shandro is on the design and test team. However, I've heard that they use a funky BB and rear hub spacing size on some bikes. I haven't been able to confirm.

Thoughts/experiences?