Quantcast

Trek Session 10

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Urban FR'er 666 said:
Looks good, so whats the catch??? What makes it so special to have the "TREK" name on it??? Or better yet, what is it they "CLAIM" to be so "SPECIAL"???
Who claimed that it was "special"?

I love it. The 3.5 inch stroke shock will keep the leverage ratio nice and low while maintaining 10 inches of travel. The pivot placement is also nice and high and yet the design has low chaingrowth/pedal feedback because of the Chain Torque Eliminator. The adjustable dropouts are also pretty neat. I wonder if 3.5 inch stroke shocks will catch on?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
hmm... as of right now I was thinking you're kind of stuck with the stock shock...so what if you want a different brand??? They may be playing with fire making proprietary parts...but then again Foes has been doing it for years with no problems...D

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
WheelieMan said:
Who claimed that it was "special"?

I love it. The 3.5 inch stroke shock will keep the leverage ratio nice and low while maintaining 10 inches of travel. I wonder if 3.5 inch stroke shocks will catch on?
I sure hope so. It's only smart.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
good thing avy has had them form a while now.. finally frame designers are catching on.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
I rode shandro's in whister. It felt really good. I liked the raw metal color though. Should be a very good bike judging by the way it felt just on pavement, and shandrow's praise.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Urban FR'er 666 said:
Looks good, so whats the catch??? What makes it so special to have the "TREK" name on it??? Or better yet, what is it they "CLAIM" to be so "SPECIAL"???
Thanks for reducing the font size in your signature, it was driving me crazy!

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
at first glance it looks a lot like my Giant dhteam, except for the shock placement. i like it a lot but why white. we buy cars in white b/c we don't have to wash em as much and they're inconspicuous, but a white MTB? :stosh:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I think its definitely going to be a popular bike this upcoming season. Had my plans for my M3 not worked out, this would be the bike I'd be riding. Those monkies going to interbike better make sure to ride it and post a full report. :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
wikitypooshlag said:
at first glance it looks a lot like my Giant dhteam, except for the shock placement. i like it a lot but why white. we buy cars in white b/c we don't have to wash em as much and they're inconspicuous, but a white MTB? :stosh:

I dont get why people dont like to ride white mtb's. Did you ever notice how all black cars and bikes usually look really dirty unless they have been cleaned 5 min before? Trust me I know i drive a black car. I am riding a white chameleon and the thing looks like its new even when its muddy. White is prob my favorite color for a bike for this reason. They just always look pimp esp with all black and carbon accents :thumb:

but to each his own...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
wikitypooshlag said:
It's really almost nothing like the DH team, except that they're both single pivots.

I can dig it, nice clean lines... Wonder how it rides?

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
it's been argued elsewhere that high single pivot leads to initial squat which depending on damping often leads to perceived brake jack. so, e-speculation would suggest trek needs to add a floating disc brake to this design.

e-spec would also suggest that it should pedal well and take square-edge hits well.

the adjustable rear dropout is cool.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
frorider said:
it's been argued elsewhere that high single pivot leads to initial squat which depending on damping often leads to perceived brake jack. so, e-speculation would suggest trek needs to add a floating disc brake to this design.

e-spec would also suggest that it should pedal well and take square-edge hits well.

the adjustable rear dropout is cool.
Some squating is good...gets you lower to the ground when when you need to be. Just don't be full fisting your brake lever.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I like it........but all i would pay for is the frame without the rear shock, chain device and chain.......they can keep the rest.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
ChrisRobin said:
Some squating is good...gets you lower to the ground when when you need to be. Just don't be full fisting your brake lever.
yep, i've spent enough years on single pivots that my hand has been trained to never full-fist.

Um, as far as this whole "Why is it white?" thing goes, wheren't most of the Diesels white? I think they're just keeping with past histroy. Personally, I don't think I'd trade in my Foes for it, but it looks like a pretty well thought out bike. The new Bontrager stuff is supposed to be pretty decent as well. (full e-speculation of course!)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
The frame is definitely a bike, clean step forward...but unfortunately it's strapped to 2 turds for suspension! Honestly, Manitou sucks. And to buy that frame bolted to two first year production shocks? No way!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I thought all the internet forums said that trek missed the FR/DH boat long ago.... was the internet wrong??

the colored slashes on the rear tire dont match too good. I think that will slow people down.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...any bonus style points for "freeballing" whilst "freeracing"???

Personally after some hardcore freeracing I like to do some freestyle walking - just for that extra little rush of adrenaline... :)

biker3

Turbo Monkey
bizutch said:
The frame is definitely a bike, clean step forward...but unfortunately it's strapped to 2 turds for suspension! Honestly, Manitou sucks. And to buy that frame bolted to two first year production shocks? No way!

Agreed, At sugar I talked to Mr. Beytagh who had just hopped on the travis and he REALLY didnt seem impressed at all. He kinda spat me the "it needs to be setup better" to save face but he said at crankworx that fork flat out was crap. He said he was blowing out corners left and right because the fork was skipping around so much on the brake bumps. Plus he was on a Fox by the time he got to worlds so Ill take his word for it.