Quantcast

Trek Session 8 2008

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Looks like a demo8 and a kona stab had a baby...pretty decent looking IMO. Got the chance to ride one of the split-pivot fuels and was impressed, this could be a cool bike.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
damn, not really impressed by it, i was really hoping that just made a session 10 lighter and with 8inches of travel.

It could be a small. I guess the size changes would be easy by welding the seatmast in a different place.
yea, but that wont actually change the size at all if the front center is still the same

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
damn, not really impressed by it, i was really hoping that just made a session 10 lighter and with 8inches of travel.
I was thinking that too.... but this design may have just as active suspension with much better pedaling characteristics. I'm willing to at least give it a chance. Hopefully price is reasonable.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Looks real good.
Would love to take that for a spin.
Trek has a bunch of nice bikes this year.

Seems like they are Finally:lighten: figuring stuff out....

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Anything is more racey than a Trek monster truck with 10" of rear travel. Most pointless bike I have ever seen them make....
Im going to guess you never rode one then. Besides the weight its not a bad bike...I would say its a good bike infact. I would have thought a "freeride-junkie" would love it :busted:

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
Im going to guess you never rode one then. Besides the weight its not a bad bike...I would say its a good bike infact. I would have thought a "freeride-junkie" would love it :busted:
Busted. LOL I didn't get to ride one. Living in Illinois I never needed a 10" bike for freeride. Haha (Hardtail - 6" was sufficient.) Once I started looking at race bikes it seemed overkill and ridiculous to me so I didn't take the time out to ride one and I knew my shop would never get one to even stare at. Thus, here I am drooling at the possibility of getting Session 8 (though I would be perfectly happy with an SWD).

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I came from a sunday to a sesison 10 and other than the head angle being a touch steeper on the session they felt VERY similar.

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
Wow..... so this should be even better then. From the little clips that you could read above the picture it sounds like it handles quite well. I plan on picking up the magazine tonight before class...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
So this must be the proto that people were seeing at Whistler toward the end of last season... I think Transcend saw it if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah - it kinda has a Demo/Kona/Sunday vibe to it. Definitely looks burly but not too over the top - I dig it.

:)

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
reminiscent of the bruiser series as far as aesthetics, lets hope the performance is a little less GAY (yes I mean gay)

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i saw it in whistler during crankworx, it didn't look half bad in person, the pic has me questioning myself a little though. it's not super ugly, it's just nondescript.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
you forgot the 303 mate,those are also pretty heavy frames(6.5kg with shock);).The new session 8 looks pretty sweet but they are cheaper than a Session 10 with less weigth.I don't know if Nico Vink is gonna ride the new session 8 for the new World cup season but he doesn't getting any bad results with the session 10 in DH competitions.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
It looks awesome to me. I've been riding a Session 77, and loving it. One thing I like about the 8, is that the pivot near the dropouts seems to be eliminated. This was a weak point (durability, not design-wise) in the 77's design, IMO. Time will tell, and once they are out and people have a chance to ride them, we'll see.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
It looks awesome to me. I've been riding a Session 77, and loving it. One thing I like about the 8, is that the pivot near the dropouts seems to be eliminated. This was a weak point (durability, not design-wise) in the 77's design, IMO. Time will tell, and once they are out and people have a chance to ride them, we'll see.
your avatar looks like this pic of the tomes. was it your intent? haha

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
That thing looks good. If it rides half as good as the Session 10 does, it'll be a killer bike.

Oh, and the Session 10 is one rad bike. Nimble, maneuverable, and stiff. I couldn't believe how easy it was to bunnyhop and wheelie. It's definitely MUCH more nimble than a V-10.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
the session 10 is a sweet bike one of the lads in the shop has one and he hauls ass on it. I'm just not gone on the high front end, shortish feeling top tube and steep head angle compared to my morewood. I found it felt like i was riding with the bars up in my chest. It certainly eats up the rough stuff far better than my izumi although i still wouldn't quite call it a bike that just ploughs through stuff. Its nimble enough and pedals fairly well considering his weighs in at about 6lbs heavier than my morewood.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
this bike is far far far from the 10's hight pivot with roller.

it will feel nothing like it, guaranteed.