Quantcast

Trek Session 88 Test ride

cubebiker

Chimp
Apr 9, 2008
Well we'll see, as mine arrives mid november. The Session 10 did a good job and had a steeper angle.
I think no one had the production version until now, following Trek the first production bikes will be deivered in mid october.
All those already sold models seem to be proproduction frames and that would explain why they all behave different. Maybe Jonesy had a WC Racer model, that would explain steeper angles... We'll see

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Well we'll see, as mine arrives mid november. The Session 10 did a good job and had a steeper angle.
I think no one had the production version until now, following Trek the first production bikes will be deivered in mid october.
All those already sold models seem to be proproduction frames and that would explain why they all behave different. Maybe Jonesy had a WC Racer model, that would explain steeper angles... We'll see
Nico Vink`s bike runs the same geometry as stock. I don`t think anyone but Shandro (during testing) had custom geometry. I don`t know if people on here rode bikes with the wrong spring rate etc because the geometry looks almost perfect IMO.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I rode one at the fortbill world cup (around the carpark!) which was a long time ago. It has the same geometry as the stock bike I rode 2 days ago.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
From what I've heard it's designed with the kind of angles that all the top WC guys use on their "custom geo" bikes. As such if you're a top WC rider it'll rip. If you're a nobody who drags the brakes all the time and doesn't compete at the top level, it'll probably feel crap to you.

No offence Fraser :)
From what I've gathered, Fraser's actually a pretty fast racer.

That aside, I think if you're getting anywhere in semi-pro or pro class (equates to expert or elite here in aus), you're probably fast enough to form a valid opinion on a dh racebike. You don't have to be a WC racer to feel more than four letter's worth of difference between a stinky and a sunday.

But I guess you'd have to be a bit of a "nobody who drags the brakes all the time" to not realise that.

:busted: