Quantcast

Trek Ticket

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Looks like an awesome bike... but... i don;t liek 2 things about it at all....

the things i dislike are...

1. Aluminum
2. Price... 999.99 for the frame only.... that's f@cking insane... you can get a Superco for much less.... and SuperCo bikes are far Superior... i think Trek is just bumping up the price because Cam McCaul rides it.... (Cam Shreds)

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/108578/

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
holy hell! The msrp on the site used to say 650, but it is indeed 989.99 now...

i was gonna link to the site and prove you all wrong and siht. bummer. :)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
small, hand crafted, usa made frames I can understand being expensive.

when a HUGE company charges that amount for a generic frame, it's uncalled for.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
small, hand crafted, usa made frames I can understand being expensive.

when a HUGE company charges that amount for a generic frame, it's uncalled for.
Especially in a Recession... (oh wait, they said the recession is over)....

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I don't like anything about that bike.
Agreed. Aluminum, restricting head tube, fugly graphics, and $$$$$$. Who's gonna shell out for one of these?
I feel like mountain bike companies need to be careful with making these super expensive jump bikes and marketing them to kids. The p2 is almost twice as expensive ($1350) as it was when it first came out in 05 (I think it was 05).

I was impressed with McCaul's ability to talk while superman backfliping.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
1000 is BS, simple can make you a custom frame (they can probably make this too) for 650 and in any color you want.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
to me this bike is retarded, noone can convince me that this frame is something special. It blows my mind that anyone would pay what they are asking for this, when they could pick up a tonic, black market, superco...whatever for less or the same price...

its mental.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
i know seevral riders who ride them.. personally here in nyc...
The trek?

Because that's the one I'm talking about.

Everyone knows that the supercos are badass. I just thought it weird that you could say the quality of the trek is inferior without having seen one. The numbers are nothing special but it might be a really solid frame.

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Everyone knows that the supercos are badass. I just thought it weird that you could say the quality of the trek is inferior without having seen one. The numbers are nothing special but it might be a really solid frame.
What i meant was the Quality between Aluminum / Steel....

that's all...

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
What i meant was the Quality between Aluminum / Steel....

that's all...
Quality between aluminum and steel? like metal quality? or metal characteristics? steel is heavier and has sum flex, alum. stiff, and light but fails catastrophically. Just because its aluminum doesn't mean it sux

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Quality between aluminum and steel? like metal quality? or metal characteristics? steel is heavier and has sum flex, alum. stiff, and light but fails catastrophically. Just because its aluminum doesn't mean it sux

Heavier and has some flex? Are you 12? There is a world of difference between high end steel and aluminum. Companies such as S&M and Superco use very, very expensive tubesets. S&M for example uses Supertherm tubing which is drawn, swaged and butted to produce the best grade of tubes for a frame. Add to that hand made in USA adds a bit of extra care as well.

Aluminum - not matter what grade - is simply not as strong as steel. Period. Aluminum hardtails are disposable. This frame costs $1000 is DOUBLE what it should EVER cost. I don't give a crap what grade it is, it is not even close to a high level steel frame.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
like I said, it's a generic frame. with Treks buying power, they should be able to sell a frame like this for under 350.00.