Quantcast

Trek World 2012: Session 9.9 and More

Peacock

Chimp
Oct 23, 2009
Rossland, BC

Bike Magazine's Vernon Felton headed to Europe to check out the 2012 Trek bikes, here are the goods on next year's Remedy, Slash, Fuel EX and of course, the Session 9.9. Read on.
---

By Vernon Felton

Big changes are afoot at Trek.

I’m sitting in the Munich airport, typing this report on a battered PowerBook. My legs are thoroughly roached from two long days of hammering next year’s Treks and I am, in a word, impressed.

For 2012, Trek’s key trail and all-mountain models, the Fuel EX and Remedy, will be lighter, yet significantly more capable, on rough terrain than their 2011 predecessors (which, bear in mind, are no slouches to begin with).

The gravity side of Trek’s mountain line-up receives even bigger updates, including the addition of the Slash (the “Downhillers XC bike”) and the debut of the Session 9.9 (the carbon-fiber downhill race rig Aaron Gwin has been winning World Cups on).

Finally, Trek is making a significant push to improve the front-end handling on many of these bikes, by taking their proprietary DRCV suspension technology and incorporating it in many of the Fox forks spearheading their bikes.

Trek Fuel EX.

Remedy.

Session 9.9

Read all about the 2012 Trek line here on Bikemag.com. Let me be the first to state the obvious...how sick is the Session!

Attachments