Quantcast

Tremblant Canada Cup

nocorider

Chimp
Jan 27, 2007
Looking to go up their for the race. Can anyone tell me how the track is? Is there camping onsite? And is it a good over all venue?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The track is long and pedally with a few technical bits that are really technical in the wet. The course is pretty beat and hasn't changed in 5+ years. There is no camping on site, try "camping du diable" up the road. It has water, showers, fires allowed etc and is decently priced.

The venue is INCREDIBLY expensive for food, hotels etc. The majority of the clientele (rich, retired golfers and sight seers) and staff despise bikers, and i have actually seen the local podunk police yank people off of their bikes for not walking them on site. That said, if you can afford it, the hotels are really nice (World Class) and the food is really good. The night life is actually good and decently priced. $5 pints etc.

Many Canadian racers skip it and go to the open every year as we have all had enough of a venue that doesn't support the local race scene at all and is only still on the schedule due to a 5 year agreement that expires (finally) this year.

nocorider

Chimp
Jan 27, 2007
Thanks for the info. I'm just looking for races holding UCI points on the east coast beside the pro gravity tour.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
the kid will be there looking for a couple points.

Thanks for the info Frasier.

do ya think I'll get hasseled car/van camping ??

one more question, can I buy a one race license so I don't have to give usac another penny ?

Last edited:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
the kid will be there looking for a couple points.

Thanks for the info Frasier.

do ya think I'll get hasseled car/van camping ??

one more question, can I buy a one race license so I don't have to give usac another penny ?
old timer... i THINK you need to have a valid license from a uci recognized federation (as in a usac license) and then, on top of that, you buy a one day canadian provicial license or some crap.

Geoff of course is all set with his UCI license so he has nothing to worry about.

just a warning... Fraser was being nice. Tremblant is total ****. how many points does geoff need? not much on offer at Canada cup after the top 5.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
he'll need a top 7. Plus he's getting support for all his races in Canada this season.

There were a couple DeVinci guys at Platty this past weekend, you should have seen their faces when we mentioned Trembant. The words "rain and pedal" came up more than a few times.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
he'll need a top 7. Plus he's getting support for all his races in Canada this season.

There were a couple DeVinci guys at Platty this past weekend, you should have seen their faces when we mentioned Trembant. The words "rain and pedal" came up more than a few times.
Oh right, I forgot Rain. It'll rain. Guaranteed.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
They really laughed when I said we were gonna camp. Cold was also in that conversation. BUT they did say it was dry about 5 or 6 years ago:disgust1:
That'd be about right. That was the last time i raced there. It was dry race day, but it PISSED the 2 days before, so it was still muddy and slimey. Oh, and there is 2 creek crossings just to guarantee at least one soaked foot.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I raced the Quebec cup in Tremblant in 1999 and the course has basically been the same since then.

Same ol part with the slick of camber rock at the top etc etc.

The track is a bike breaker for sure... track maintenance is not a word you could use on this type of course...

skip the venue if you can

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
That'd be about right. That was the last time i raced there. It was dry race day, but it PISSED the 2 days before, so it was still muddy and slimey. Oh, and there is 2 creek crossings just to guarantee at least one soaked foot.

Yup, even if the weather is nice the course will be sloppy with all that snow still melting away up on the mountain....
The event is in our backyard and we are skipping it for the US open instead.

Tremblant has so much potential, too bad it's not more biker friendly.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Don't forget to mention the long ride down the cold, windy access road followed by the hike-a-bike climb to get to the dh start. Course starts right above the quad but bikes only go on the gondola so you have to ride over to the other peak and walk up (think killington but worse). Tremblant sucks

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
This is gonna be my first year racing in Canada Cups. Im actually not racing round 1 and im going to race Nationals in Le Massif Mid July.
From what I hear its alot better to Pre Register for these events. Pre reg starts May First and I found all the contact info at home, I got it off the Canadian cycling website.
And im almost 99.9% positive you need a UCI liscence to race these events, no day passes.

Pat Tellier

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC, Canada
You definitely can't get UCI points with a day pass at any Canada Cup.

There is free camping in parking lot #1 for registered racers only.

I agree with those above that the course is pedally, long, and often muddy. But it's the closest you get to European courses apparently. In the Pro category, it seems that you can podium if you pedal enough and don't crash. :disgust:

This course has claimed a lot of bike parts but also provided up coming riders a chance to showcase their talent when they have the guts to go all out.

Also, there's a lot of nice chicks and photographers...

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
You definitely can't get UCI points with a day pass at any Canada Cup.

There is free camping in parking lot #1 for registered racers only.

I agree with those above that the course is pedally, long, and often muddy. But it's the closest you get to European courses apparently. In the Pro category, it seems that you can podium if you pedal enough and don't crash. :disgust:

This course has claimed a lot of bike parts but also provided up coming riders a chance to showcase their talent when they have the guts to go all out.

Also, there's a lot of nice chicks and photographers...
That's a big old pile of rubbish.