Quantcast

Tremblant

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Anybody know where or when the registration will be online for the Tremblant DH Canada Cup in May? I know these things go online months before the event, and I'm pretty anal so I want to get this done.
This will be my first trip to Tremblant. How do people like this event, the riding, the area etc????

cheers

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Anybody know where or when the registration will be online for the Tremblant DH Canada Cup in May? I know these things go online months before the event, and I'm pretty anal so I want to get this done.
This will be my first trip to Tremblant. How do people like this event, the riding, the area etc????

cheers
Went for the first time last year, fun time and a VERY nice resort. I know others on this board have had issues with the resorts attitude towards mountainbikers but I did not witness any of it. The course requires a ride down from the top and a push up to another peak to get to the start. The course is long withy many sections to remember. The hometown Canadians have an upper hand for sure as they've been racing it for years. I could not recommend the course for Cat2/3 riders but they are there. Expect extreme back ups at tech spots during practice. pro's thru beginners all practice at the same time. Practice ends at 11 am race day and the last rider will go off around 5pm, there were tons of riders last year. Camping is avail in the parking lot with indoor johns.

We would be going back except Plattekill is hosting a UCI points/Pro/Am GRT/ Worlds Team Qualifier race the same weekend and it's close to the US Open which is the following weekend.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
lol there is good reason about the attitude there, its usually a free for all on the canada cup weekend in the town, usually alot of shenanigans go down

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
So you take the lift up, and then go down, then back up to the start???? How long of a hike is it?

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
The tremblant course looks like a longer version of what we have here in Nova Scotia. We have a lot of steep, wet, rocky and rooty terrain.
Its kind a downer about having to hike for 15 minutes

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
The hike is only about 5min. This event was awsome last year along with a Red Bull xc/dh team race that went through some woods and into the village area. I had a blast!

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
The hike is only about 5min. This event was awsome last year along with a Red Bull xc/dh team race that went through some woods and into the village area. I had a blast!
ohhhhhh...right on. 5 minutes is nothing. I hike"a"bike my dh runs almost everyday........and its a 20 minute hike if yer fit as hell.

I'm looking forward to this race as well as the Bromont CC. I'm curious to see if they continue to use the WC course at Bromont or switch it up and use a trail on the main side of the hill.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
ohhhhhh...right on. 5 minutes is nothing. I hike"a"bike my dh runs almost everyday........and its a 20 minute hike if yer fit as hell.

I'm looking forward to this race as well as the Bromont CC. I'm curious to see if they continue to use the WC course at Bromont or switch it up and use a trail on the main side of the hill.
Did you just call yourself "fit as hell" on the net?