Quantcast

tri-cities ride!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
hey me and rainbow_smoke are heading out to do some riding this afternoon at some hill in richland

"if ur coming toward richland on the main highway take the second queensgate exit and follow queensgate to keene. take a left on keene and follow that till u see this park on the left with baseball and soccer fields. park in there and then ride/walk to the top of the hill above it. there's all kinds of lines to explore" (thanks for the directions freeridekid)

anyways we will head up there around 2 or 3pm i think
maybe later so if you see a grey subaru wagon with yakima racks thats us!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
allsk8sno said:
hey me and rainbow_smoke are heading out to do some riding this afternoon at some hill in richland

"if ur coming toward richland on the main highway take the second queensgate exit and follow queensgate to keene. take a left on keene and follow that till u see this park on the left with baseball and soccer fields. park in there and then ride/walk to the top of the hill above it. there's all kinds of lines to explore" (thanks for the directions freeridekid)

anyways we will head up there around 2 or 3pm i think
maybe later so if you see a grey subaru wagon with yakima racks thats us!
What type of trails are over there? That is on the way to my parents house in Kennewick. Trailhacker and I are always looking for places to ride over there!

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Although I've never seen whatever trails might be there, that hill is pretty dang small. I'm guessing the trails are more like jump off something, push back up, jump off something, push back up.

I dunno, though.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Atomic Dog said:
Although I've never seen whatever trails might be there, that hill is pretty dang small. I'm guessing the trails are more like jump off something, push back up, jump off something, push back up.

I dunno, though.
yes, that is pretty much it unfortunately. not much in the way of accessible hills around here so u gotta make do w/ what u got

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Just before you turn off of I-82 on to whatever highway that is (then take the queensgate exit into Kenewick) there is a pretty good sized hill with what looks like old moto or 4x4 trails up and down the hill. Its just off the highway and I don't see any gates blocking the dirt roads. Seems like if someone were interested they could shuttle something like that?
Everytime we're there it seems like there is a hill that would provide just enough vertical to satisfy DH needs in the short distance?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
trailhacker said:
Just before you turn off of I-82 on to whatever highway that is (then take the queensgate exit into Kenewick) there is a pretty good sized hill with what looks like old moto or 4x4 trails up and down the hill. Its just off the highway and I don't see any gates blocking the dirt roads. Seems like if someone were interested they could shuttle something like that?
Everytime we're there it seems like there is a hill that would provide just enough vertical to satisfy DH needs in the short distance?
i think ur talkin about badger mountain. i used to live right next to it and i never saw a car driving on it, but i did find one singletrack trail that looked really fun, but it was so steep i couldn't push my bike up it with the amount of time i had. i will definitely have to make an expedition up there sometime.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
totally unrelated, but i went to beacon and did lower road gap.... being a beacon person i thought you might like to hear that. AND THE 40 footer is gone!

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
hey allsk8sno, i think you guys passed me last friday on I-82 around prosser. i was in a blue f-150 with two motorcycles and a diamondback and specialized in the bed. i saw you guys looking at the bikes and thought i recognized you. are you living in tri-cities now?

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yup we are here for the summer, in downtown kennewick!
i think i remember the truck, not too many people with bikes and stuff around
and yeah the hill was pretty small and not much on it
i am hoping to get a new bike built...if i get some income...

we want to check out whatever so if your interested email me, the bike shop (markee's) seemed to think nachee's pass or someother would be good but i just want to roadtrip to beacon....i miss it

we are gone for the weekend though
-pete

Last edited:

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
What about Manastash?
There has to be something somewhere around there you could shuttle?
You can see the old 2 lane highway, especially when you head back towards Ellensburg. I wonder if there is some way to get access to those roads.
Seems like there is plenty of terrain in that area although there is little to no trees.

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
i want to make a trip somewhere on sunday if anyone is interested. beacon, hood river, or possibly the trails up by cle elum. hit me back all my tri-town homies.