Quantcast

Tri-monkey?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
The Men's Health site has a Tri Training forum. I've peeked in a few times, but never really got into any of the discussions.

I'm hoping to do 2 Tris next summer, but I'm not doing any real formal/organized training.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Slowtwitch.com has a wealth of knowledge available on the forum. Be forewarned though, it tends to lean towards the iron distance crowd. If you look beyond that, it's all good.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Slowtwitch.com has a wealth of knowledge available on the forum. Be forewarned though, it tends to lean towards the iron distance crowd. If you look beyond that, it's all good.
thanks, I've checked out slowtwitch. I'm shooting for an iron man in
'09 or '10, we'll see. Just found beginnertriathlete.com. Seems like a good place to start! :)

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
thanks, I've checked out slowtwitch. I'm shooting for an iron man in
'09 or '10, we'll see. Just found beginnertriathlete.com. Seems like a good place to start! :)
I think there are handful of trimonkeys on here, but I know of just a name or two. Ericstr8t was one, Macko I believe is doing IMAZ next year, and a few others. I have done just a handful of tris over the years, nothing too serious.

For some very good info, Gordo Byrn used to have a grip of articles on his old site. His revamped site no longer has the direct links, but perhaps you can google up a link to the old archived stuff.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
On a relay team I did the 90 km bike part of a couple of half-Ironmans this summer. One was really hilly and tough. I found that's a long time to hold your max effort, and tricky to judge how hard to go. It was cool; I haven't raced seriously in a few years. I think I'll stick to the cycling part; it takes way too much time to keep fit in 3 sports. Besides you can stomp on the poor trigeeks when you're strong in one sport and you know you can fall down when you hit the bike/run transition. :brows:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Did you know Heather (and 2 more friends) are signed to do a Ironman length Tri in FL next month? I am suppose to go down w/them but I have been thinking of skipping the trip.
No, I didn't know that. That's cool. H is doing the bike leg I'd assume?