Quantcast

Triad monkeys - Cone Trails are poppin'

These north Greensboro dirt jumps are a local legend. Over the past month or so, significant work has been done to upgrade / expand, and now they just need some riding in. There are two rather large sets ready to go, with other features under construction and many possibilities for new lines.

If you know where they are, go check 'em out and enjoy! If you need directions, PM me.

Please respect the efforts of those who have been diligently shoveling already, don't litter, and park up the street (*not* in the median). The jumps are on privately owned land, and (as always) responsible use and enjoyment of the trails is the key to keeping them.

edit:speling

They are not really "bmx style"...we've smoothed the trannies and cut some vert to make them better for mtb. The biggest sets (2 4-packs) are about 5' high, 8-12 feet lip to lip. There are also two smaller rhythm type sections that you should be able to do if the big lines prove to be too much, plus a rollable step down to table that's pretty fun.

Sorry, no pics yet...and frankly, I probably won't ever post any. Publicity is not a major goal here. I just wanted to let folks know there're options in the area.

manimal said:
these aren't the kernersville/colfax dj's are they? i know some work was being done to them.
No, these are not the K'ville jumps. These are near Buffalo Lake in north GSO.

On another note, I'm looking for a tour guide for the Salem Lake spots the weekend after next, if anyone's willing...I've heard good things from the crew at P-line.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I might be able to ride weekend after next, I know the trails resonably well although someone (the city) decided that we needed to start over and bulldozed all our DJ's

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i should also be available to show you around, just give me a few days notice so i can make plans. i need to brace one of the better drops, it's getting a bit worn down but it shouldn't take very long to fix.

Sep 30, 2004
Hey guys keep me in mind for that Salem Lake ride.

I'v seen you over there b4 tubby I was on a Trek Fuel 80 but I'v got a P2 I'd like to try out on the trails there.

Lately iv been riding northwood trails in high point but salem is a blast!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Chillin_Dude427 said:
Hey guys keep me in mind for that Salem Lake ride.

I'v seen you over there b4 tubby I was on a Trek Fuel 80 but I'v got a P2 I'd like to try out on the trails there.

Lately iv been riding northwood trails in high point but salem is a blast!
is this dillon?

were you one of the kids that built that super skecthy bridge over the fallen trees just outside of disney land at northwood? i'd like to see someone make it......70 degree turn with no widene'd area to turn.....i attempted it but it's nearly impossible to make that turn on an 8" wide section.....scary. :D

went out to salem today with dickiesbike1, the table-top before the big log ride has been re-shaped and it's PERFECT!!!

here's a pic of db1 hitting it....i'm still waiting on the right spring before i go full bore.

and of course.....showtime

Sep 30, 2004
Naa Dillon moved to florda if your talking about the dillon I'm friends with...but me dillon use to ride together at salem a bit anyway the names isaac I just got this P2 from pauls in winston sweet little bike think I'll upgrade the fork but untill it's broken it''ll stay on.

That section at northwood is insane! there's 2 options though you can go the other way and there's like a wood 2X6 to a 1 foot drop or you can try the suicide turn heh.

Have you done the rollercoaster drop thing they built it's awesome! like about a 3-4 foot drop after a long wavy bridge to a really smooth downhill transistion then a nice little turn berm thingy.

Anyway PM if you wanna hit Salem somtime I don't do anything too extreme but I'm getting better I have alot more confidence now that I have a beefy bike I cracked the swingarm on my XC bike so it's being fixed now I was wayy to hard that bike.

Later