Quantcast

trial jam in winchester

dozer

Chimp
Apr 8, 2005
va
in july there will be a trail jam in winchester va. we are trying to get red bull to come. the jumps are big and there are no small ones. so if you can't ride big stuff you should not come. we don't need anybody getting hurt.

dozer

Chimp
Apr 8, 2005
va
also if you are interested let me know with a post and i will let you know more about it. i will try to get pics, but i suck with computers.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
You don't seem to be very good at promoting events either. You just invited the pros and told everyone else to stay at home. That should get you about 3 riders and 5 spectators. Anyways I heard a few years ago that Winchester had some big jumps (12 foot lips and the such.) Be sure to take lots of pics and video for those of us that can't ride big stuff and have to stay at home to see.

dozer

Chimp
Apr 8, 2005
va
i am glad you have a sense of humor. if i did not post that there would be more people watching than riding.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
CHOP said:
You don't seem to be very good at promoting events either. You just invited the pros and told everyone else to stay at home. That should get you about 3 riders and 5 spectators. Anyways I heard a few years ago that Winchester had some big jumps (12 foot lips and the such.) Be sure to take lots of pics and video for those of us that can't ride big stuff and have to stay at home to see.
:stupid:

dozer

Chimp
Apr 8, 2005
va
we have not picked out a date. we will be meeting at the bmx track and then riding to the trails.

dozer

Chimp
Apr 8, 2005
va
i will not give out directions to the trails, but you can look up the bmx track in winchester and get derections to that. as soon as we have a date i will post it. most of the jumps are about six feet tall and have gaps of about 15 to 20 feet. there are some bigger. there are two small ones that are about 3 feet tall with 6 foot gaps. thay are not in good shape now, but i will have them ready by july. red bull said that they would send out a team with banners and drinks. who ever wants to come is envited. there will be hot dogs and hambergers on the grill.

dozer

Chimp
Apr 8, 2005
va
these are the only derections i could find. hope they help. DIRECTIONS TO TRACK: From I-81 South-take exit 313B (Rt. 50 west), after exit take fork in road to the right, Millwood Ave, Rt. 50 west, passing in front of Shenandoah University. Turn right (north) at traffic light onto Pleasant Valley Rd. Turn right (east) at next traffic light onto Cork St. Stay on Cork St. past park entrance and baseball fields to second park entrance. Turn right, track is on your left.

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
Let me get this straight, your putting on a trail jam that you want Red Bull to sponsor and it's on dirt jumps that you won't post directions to? Not trying to be a smart azz, but do you think it's going to work out like that? Won't everybody that shows up then know where your DJ's are? Are these DJ's legal??? Just asking, don't get bent outta shape. You can PM me if you want to discuss it, I have a pretty good idea where your talking about.

dozer

Chimp
Apr 8, 2005
va
the main issue is parking. there are already alot of bmx guys coming. the people that live around the trails like the idea of us building jumps there. the trails have been there for over 15 years. and as i said before red bull said that they would come. we don't care if people show up one weekend after the jam as long as they are willing to dig or at least help fix what gets worn down from riding.