Quantcast

Trials/ Dj Bike

CTR

Chimp
Sep 1, 2002
Australia
i used a Planet X Zebdi for mtnX, trials and dirt jumping for a while, then i relised it was too small for Mountain cross and it's now my trials/urban bike, i just ran a shorter stem for mountain cross and dirt jumping, i never worried about breaking it.

(sorry for all of you that have seen this pic before)

Attachments

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Originally posted by Hippy R
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a bike that is light enough for some trials but strong enough for trails or dirt jumping?
Look at some of the Planet X frames. The Zebdi is great, it is what I ride for trials, but the geometry is a little wacky for dirt jumping.

Fokker

Chimp
Mar 13, 2003
A-Town Oregon
I've got me a new PX New Jack Flash and I think it could be worth looking in to. It's reasonably light, and the geometry isn't too bad on it.

Mine's 28 pounds with an old Z2 Bam on it.

Aztomac

Chimp
Mar 17, 2002
Los Angeles
I like my Jack Flash Rad 21 team frame for trials, urban, dj and dhing. In my opinion its one of the best do it all frames out there, light, nimble, nuetral geometry. I am interested to see how the rad compares to the zebdi frame for the same applications.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Originally posted by Hippy R
how about a ds-1? Good for dj and trials too?
I rode a DS-1 for trials. It will work, but will hinder your riding considerably. The rear end is way too long, plus you have to have the rear wheel all the way forward in the horizontal dropouts or the wheel will move when you pedal kick. I tried chain tensioners but than it was just a major pain in the a$$ trying to pull the wheel out every time I pinch flatted.

I would reccomend a Jack Flash or one of the new PX frames.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
yah i would also say go for the new jackflash...

it says it is a great frame for trials and DJ, but not a greatframe for epic rides.