Quantcast

trials-elbow?

dirtyamerican

Monkey
Jan 15, 2005
at my own freeride trail
Hey, has anyone ever had any problems with your elbow from trials riding? I've been riding trials now for a couple years in addition to the regular onslought of trail, urban, etc. but lately more trials riding than ever. I've got a tender right elbow, pretty much on the "funny bone". I think it's a result of over-using my braking fingers and pulling on the bars so much. I figure I can lay off the riding to ease the tenderness but that's not a viable option, obviously. Anyone have any better ideas?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
check with your doctor. could be tendenites(sp?). I'd be carefull. i've never had any problems, but I've only been riding for about a year. but ya, definatly check with your doctor if it gets worse.

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
If its tendonitis you will have to lay off anything that stresses elbows like trials, I got it form too much computer gaming, and had to lay off it for about 2 weeks for it to be better. It sux

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
I had the same thing with my elbow. Doctor told me to take stress on my elbow easy for 2 to 3 weeks ice it at night and if that doesnt work go to pysical theropy...luckly i didnt have to go that far the ice and the rest did me just fine.

D

d-sop

dont ride...sorry. it could make it worse. ive had tendonitis b4, but in the finger.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i never had elbow pains, but i got very weak in my right hand and wrist. couldn't grip a door knob strong enough to turn it. others thought it was Carpal Tunel, or however it's spelled. i tried wrapping bar tape around my grip, and that didn't help. i gave up riding trials.