Quantcast

Trick booters

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
So I have a trick booter in my back yard, nothing spectacular, just a steep lip with a short gap and a wide low, soft pack lander. The lip is only about 5ft tall. We have a very nice place to put a bigger one at the trails, I am just curious if I should make it super steep and haul a$$ at it with a short gap, or a mellow lip with a 10ft ish gap on it. The lip will be about 6.5 ft, but it will be set into a hill so the lip will only be about 3.5 ft above the ground, with a 4ft landing. The obvious goal to try tricks that you aren't quite ready to try on big doubles yet. Anyone build bigger style trick booters? Should they be mellow lips or steep lips. I am helpless.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
short and steep. Also consider that your going faster, so your "short" gap will have to be longer(but obviously not as long as it could be)

trailking26

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
New York
I like the idea where you make a steep enough lip that steps up to your shallow, wide and or soft landing, such that you have lost most of your speed upon landing.
Then you don't get dislocated shoulders and shyte when you bail.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
you're going to want more air time if this is a trick booter. so steeper lips to send you up, not out.