Quantcast

TRICK-OR-TREAT!! All this talk of night-riding reminded me...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
...that on Halloween night (for those that don't observe holidays, that's Oct. 31st), a couple/few/several bros and I are planning on doing a night ride.
It's on a Sunday this year AND I believe it will fall immediately after daylight savings time. This way, we can roll earlier - guessing 6-7pm and get out of there at a reasonable hour.

Speaking of there, haven't totally decided on where there is yet. The obligatory Tapeworm/Towers of Power area, SST (if YOU want to hit jumps/drops in the dark then more power to you:blah:, I'm thinking the regular singletrack after a late afternoon jump sesh) or perhaps Black Diamond/Lake Sawyer seem like the main candidates. Tiger would be a great place if it wasn't going to be closed. I noticed somebody mention 38 in another thread and that one is definitely intriguing to say the least. :sneaky:
There will be puh-lenty of chances for street seshes thru fall/winter, so I'm not really even considering that one. That's a dark at 5pm on a weekday thing in my world.

Since it's still early/mid Oct., this gives those interested a chance to set something up. Any trails that I've overlooked for the general Puget Sound area that are ridable enough under the lights are welcome.

Keyword: ride.
All egos, grudges, etc. should be left in cars or home. It's all about the dancing lights and just plain fun!! Hopefully we can assemble a decent sized crew - the more the merrier.:D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I just got a RA to return a battery for warranty. Im stoked for night riding. Unfortunatly this halloween is sorta special. Last year my son was still in the IC unit at the hospital. This year he will be just over 1 and im sure his mom has plans.... If theres any way were not doing anything i might be interested. Tape is fun and close. Lk sawyer would be cool, but so many trail branches... no fun..... ill keep an eye to see what comes about.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, I'd have to lean towards kickin' it w/ your son if I were in your shoes as well. I wouldn't say that's unfortunate one bit.:thumb:
Lake Sawyer is definitely the least familiar of the trails for our 'posse':rolleyes:

Personally, I'm leaning towards Tapeworm - yes, even over SST - hahaha!! At Tapeworm you can get back behind some of the slower folks by shooting back up the center aisle and turning back into the same section you just came out of.
NINJA
STYLE