Quantcast

tried searching,attn:demo riders

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
So to own a new bike might be a little tight,I've seem to have found a nice deal pretty local on a complet demo 8 2,from 2008.

Are there eny problems I should be aware of over the newer ones ??
eny weakness's possibly corrected from this one over the new ones ???
That beeing said all the 2010 stuff is sold out here.

And at the price it could be wat I need for this season.

Enything I should look for other then the usuals on this one ???

thanks allot. ( to enyone,yes I am considering a specialized :p )

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
lifetime warranty, never check if you are the original owner in my experience (which has been a few-no new demos though)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I've got four days on my new-to-me 2008 Demo 8. When I finally took it to Bromont it blew my socks off. Of course, I was coming from a 2005 A-Line, but still... I'm very happy with it so far. What I noticed most is how it corners. I could easily move it around between my legs and tilt it over and then it would rail corners like no body's business... I definitely stepped up my game a notch, just through the purchase of this one bike. Impressive.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
My baby is an '09. Absolutely rips. Came off a Karpiel. This thing is lower, slacker, more standover, perfect cockpit (M, 5'8") and is a very very good bike. Only bearings, all are easy to replace, super stiff rear-end. Love it.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Go for it!!!! They are amazing! Basically the 2010 has the Too low BB in my opinion. My 2008 is around 14.1, and the 2010 supposedly an inch lower. Other then that they are basically the same bike. I'm on my 2nd year and all my bearings are still smooth and the bike is as tight as the day I bought it.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
^^^ that's a pretty bike!
I love my '08 demo, corners awesome, jumps well for a big bike, and plows over things just fine. Plus it will put up with abuse (on and off the trail) without weighing too much. Just know that they run big compared to other brands, so try riding before you buy if possible.
I guess my main complaint would be that it doesn't pedal that well, but I've cured that to some extent by running a stiffer spring set up.