Quantcast

tried this new sport... called "mountain biking"

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've had this bike sitting in my garage for a while now, never really knew what it was for. Got talking to a buddy late last week and he told me it was for mountain biking - basically riding a bike off-road. I did some research on the interweb and though it looked fun.

So Saturday morning I got together with a few guys and tried it out. Had a good time, but it was really hard. I went down more than a few times, twice pretty hard, but fortunately the bike didn't even blink. I think I need to ride more often and get into better shape... I think it would be even more fun if I could ride up hills rather than walk up them.

A few pictures from the ride (the first few pics I took, the last couple were taken buy one of the other guys on the ride)...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
robdamanii said:
Road bike retired for the winter?
Not officially, at least not yet. Once the roads get crappy and they start putting salt down, I'm not sure what I'll do. I want to keep riding, but not sure I want to subject my bike to that winter road crap (ice, slush, salt, grime).

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I haven't ridden a mountain bicycle since Nov. 6th and can't remember the last time I actually pedaled one uphill. :( Riding SS this Thurs. for the first time should be a real wakeup call. :dead: