Quantcast

Trip to Bromont...need help

pieno

Chimp
Sep 20, 2005
Hey Guys,

Myself and a couple of mates are planning a trip to Bromont for a week or so and I have a couple of questions that someone may be able to help out with. Looking at going late August - Early Sept

We are currently living in Whistler and wondering if its worth spending a week in Bromont? Less or more time maybe.

We would probably be flying into Ottawa or Montreal, is there any direct bus services that anyone knows of?

Also looking for lodging places over, the cheaper the better...we poor aussies haha.

Sorry for all the questions guys, I've been looking a bit but struggling to find too much information. Thanks for any help in advance

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Not sure about lodging, I'll let others chime in, but I'll recommend flying into Montreal. From the airport its about a one hour drive. Ottawa on the other hand is a three hour drive. And if you're taking the bus to get there, you'd have to go through Montreal anyways. Besides, there's waaaay more flights between Montreal and Vancouver. Not sure about the buses. It's greyhound over here too, their website should get you sorted out.

As for whether its worth staying a week in Bromont; coming from Whistler, I'd say probably not. You'll probably have enough with 3 or 4 days. But if you rent a vehicle, there's a few mountains within a few hours. Whiteface is probably three hours away and should be good for a day. I think Mont Ste. Anne is about three hours away too. And though I haven't been, I think Highland isn't too far either. I'm sure others will chime in.

Good luck.... and have fun

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Whiteface is only 2 hours from Bromont and has some killer deals for lodging. $59.00 for your room, lift ticket worth $34.00 and breakfast. How is that for poor Aussies?

www.downhillmike.com for 30 minute dh runs!

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Wow if your already in Whistler, I would stay and ride there.

Bromont and Ste Anne are two best riding spots in Eastern Canada but none of them come close to what Whistler has to offer. Besides we have had a lousy summer with plenty of wet wether, so you will probably be riding muddy trails etc.