Quantcast

Triple Crown: Stop #1

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Here are a few pics of the Vans Triple crown park competition that concluded yesterday in good ole Denver, CO. Due to working the past few days, I wasn't able to get the dirt or halp pipe contests. I really wish I would have see the dirt comp, I here it was insane. Here is a flip over a spine executed by Nyquist himself.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Big flattie over the street spine. The whole time I was playing with shutter speed and aperature, so some of my pics are a bit shady.

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
looks good dave. Maybe i missed it, but did you decide if you were gonna come to sb for college? We should dj since its looking like i will be in sb for another few years working on a masters.

b

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Originally posted by SwisSlesS
Man, that park is like one big advertisement.
Ah, yes. The evil downside to corporate sponsorship and TV time. The upside?

You can find BMX on TV somewhere every day of the week. Parts are more readily available and cheaper than ever before, and rider owned companies are able to survive more easily.

Y'know, I went to the Roots Jam down in Orlando this year. That's considered the premier "underground" event in the BMX world. There were logos all over the place on their ramps too... But they were all for rider owned companies, and done in black spray paint.

SwisSlesS

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Home of the Massholes
Originally posted by RandomV
Y'know, I went to the Roots Jam down in Orlando this year. That's considered the premier "underground" event in the BMX world. There were logos all over the place on their ramps too... But they were all for rider owned companies, and done in black spray paint.
Now that would actually look okay. But these huge, bright colored ads are just way too busy. They attract too much of your attention, which is I guess what the point of them is...

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Yeah, I noticed that the whole thing is one large add. On the other hand there was some sick stuff going on, I didn't much care about the sponsors. And, yeah I am coming to Santa Barbara for college, SBCC to be exact. When I was there for spring break Zark gave me your number, but I ended up going DHing for a while. That'd be awesome to go ride with you, the more the merrier.