Quantcast

trippiest movies?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
fear and loathing is pretty goddanm trippy..... i love it..... "you people voted for hubert humphrey and you killed jesus!!!!"

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
American Psycho isn't what I'd call trippy, but it is an awesome movie. Any of you guys ever see 'Baraka'? It's more a film to watch whilst tripping than to trip you out though..

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
"Man Bites Dog" is a good one. It's French, about a documentary crew that follows around a serial killer.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've you've ever watched the old Cleopatra (1950's) tripping on 3 hits you'll think that is the trippiest movie ever.

Thats what someone once told me. anyway.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
I've you've ever watched the old Cleopatra (1950's) tripping on 3 hits you'll think that is the trippiest movie ever.

Thats what someone once told me. anyway.....
I'm sure that when whacked like that watching your fingernails grow would be pretty trippy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I'm sure that when whacked like that watching your fingernails grow would be pretty trippy.
Yeah my friend got stuck in his friend's parent's bedroom staring at thier wedding photo all night......

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
The City of Lost Children. Hands down, the trippiest. French film starring Ron Perlman(Hellboy) about a man rescuing his little brother who was kidnapped by a crazy bald french guy. The premise is simple, but the setting is a machina-modernistic apocolyptic dingyness where people are part machine, and machines are part people.

NoOnEKnOsMe

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Coto De Caza, Ca
i watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas again last night.everytime i watch it i get dizzy when its over. The 2 main characters are high off of at least 3 three things at all times. Real funny though. Johnny Depp is the main character and hes good at playing some realy F***ed up parts.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
zahgurim said:
"Man Bites Dog" is a good one. It's French, about a documentary crew that follows around a serial killer.
It's actually a Belgian movie. (C'est arrivé près de chez vous)
Made by Rémy Belvaux and André Bonzel.

My favorite trippy movie is -Irréversible-,
a French movie with the beautiful Monica Bellucci.
It has some of the most disturbing scenes ever, especially the opening scene....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Yeah my friend got stuck in his friend's parent's bedroom staring at thier wedding photo all night......
Wow, that is just creepy. Did he get counseling after that?

Was his mom hot?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Greyhound said:
The City of Lost Children. Hands down, the trippiest. French film starring Ron Perlman(Hellboy) about a man rescuing his little brother who was kidnapped by a crazy bald french guy. The premise is simple, but the setting is a machina-modernistic apocolyptic dingyness where people are part machine, and machines are part people.
delicatessen (made by the same director(s)) is also very good.

any "trippy" movie list cannot be complete w/o mention of either bunuel or dali.

how about _picnic at hanging rock_? or _don't look now_? i guess they are a bit creepier than trippy.

btw, the best movie i've ever been a psychonaut on is _2001: A Space Oddysey_

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Apocolypse Now.

and I'll second Blue Velvet or any other David Lynch movie for that matter

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned one and only original "Willy Wonka" and "The wizard of Oz" (set to the sound track of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Greyhound said:
One of my all time favorite movies!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Wow, that is just creepy. Did he get counseling after that?

Was his mom hot?
No he did not get counceling, and he didn't realise it was his friends parent's wedding photo till he was leaving.