Quantcast

Trojans with iPods; looking for your back door

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So its ok for you to bash PCs then when you own both platforms for professional reasons, but not me?

Nothing like being a racist and hating a company because your not used to an accent instead of real concerns like environmental or labor violations, don't worry I hear it all the time from right wing tool executives. Guess you are just being a good patriotic xenophobic American - that makes you better than me :cheers:
I personally do not like PCs, I never said that you should not use them, or talked down to anybody because they use a PC.

To adress your second point. Am I a racist because I like good customer service? I was not implying that Apple CS is better than because they employ white people, for all I know the guy on the phone was in India. What I was getting at is that when I place a phonecall to an American company, regaurding a product sold in America, and I place that phonecall from America I apreciate when the person on the other end of the line can speak clearly, and knows what they are talking about, is that too much to ask?. I really don't care where that person is located, though I would prefer to have Americans employed, than have them on wellfare because their job has been shiped to another country. Corporations do not discount the product to the consumer when they move operations overseas, they make the move to increase there margin. What is so wrong about prefering to spend money with a company that pays a living wage to citizens of my own country, and sending fewer my tax dollars overseas as aid? The product costs me the same, people here get to work, and the people overseas, who would otherwise be getting payed what we would consider a pathetic wage, maintain the same standard of living that answering phones for Dell would afford them.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nothing like being a racist and hating a company because your not used to an accent instead of real concerns like environmental or labor violations, don't worry I hear it all the time from right wing tool executives. Guess you are just being a good patriotic xenophobic American - that makes you better than me :cheers:
Your arguments get more loony and bizarre by the moment.

I frickin' hate outsourced technical support. I could care less about the accent, since I can quite often understand them pretty well, most of them have a good command of the language. I hate the fact that I've never called an outsourced technical support person who knew a single thing about the system they were troubleshooting. I hate the fact that they blindly follow a script with no inkling of why or how it might fix the problem. I hate the fact that they follow every script and will not proceed unless you tell them you've done every step with them.

I also hate the fact that America outsources everything and is losing control of its industries because of it.

You really are coming up with some exceptionally dumb arguments here. Xenophobe? :rolleyes: Please.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I frickin' hate outsourced technical support. I could care less about the accent, since I can quite often understand them pretty well, most of them have a good command of the language. I hate the fact that I've never called an outsourced technical support person who knew a single thing about the system they were troubleshooting. I hate the fact that they blindly follow a script with no inkling of why or how it might fix the problem. I hate the fact that they follow every script and will not proceed unless you tell them you've done every step with them.
Almost all technical support for consumer levels products on the first tier is scripted, only difference is the accent :rolleyes:

Comcast or Verizon, for example - they use US reps and they still don't have a friggin clue...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Oh, so since some companies tech support reps are clueless, that means that I'm a racist for not liking outsourced reps who, in my experience, have been clueless across the board?

Will you please take a class in logic?

I have dealt with numerous U.S. tech support reps AND numerous outsourced ones, and the U.S. reps have been, bar none, more knowledgable and helpful with the products.

I'm done with this discussion. Your arguments are inane and tiring.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Oh, so since some companies tech support reps are clueless, that means that I'm a racist for not liking outsourced reps who, in my experience, have been clueless across the board?
I never said you were, you specfically said you didn't like them because they were scripted and followed it strictly (damn them for doing what their are told as low level techs!)

Max's post hinted at racial slant with his use of racial stereotypes and valuing this smaller problem over more significant ones:

maxyedor said:
-You will all think I'm an asshole for saying this, but here it is. Apple's discrepencies with polution and human rights don't bother me near as much as the fact that when I called Dell customer support about my Dell laptop (yes I am a multi platform user) I was forced to talk to somebody named Nanajamawhosagiggawhat (or something like that) who didn't speak hardly a word of English.
Anyhow BV, must be nice being so naive but globalization/outsourcing, like most complex issues, isn't a simple right/wrong proposition.

Everything is neat and clean...black and white, right?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I nominate a rename of this forum to Apple VS Windows!

Jesus holy virgin Mary Christ! Every ****ing time...! Can all of you put away your "swords" and stuff a tampoon into your bleeding pvssies and move on w/ the Apple vs Windows?

EVERYONE makes crap! The only real computers were made by DEC Alpha, end of story...and they died over 20 years ago...lol!