Quantcast

Trolling

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
I wanted to apologize for trolling on some of you so hard earlier. I presented some opinions which were simply regurgatations of conversations I have had with persons serving overseas in various capacities. I'll endeavor not to do it again. Like many of you I do value the opinions of others, and presenting over the top fabrications from an anonymous avatar seemed to go over pretty poorly here. My bad!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
FatalExposure said:
I wanted to apologize for trolling on some of you so hard earlier. I presented some opinions which were simply regurgatations of conversations I have had with persons serving overseas in various capacities. I'll endeavor not to do it again. Like many of you I do value the opinions of others, and presenting over the top fabrications from an anonymous avatar seemed to go over pretty poorly here. My bad!

Oh man... trolling is the best on here... too many brain dead libs not too... :p

In fact my preHillary avatar is a Troll doll...

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
FatalExposure said:
It's not your politics, it's the personal insults and obsenities. It's a political debate forum, not the Don Rickles impersonation hour. Above you say Fabrications, so it's not true??

FatalExposure said:
the purpose of my ranting was a devious troll. It had elements of truth in it, but does not neccessarily represent my true opinion about Iraq.
Wait, in this PM say it's partly true.

FatalExposure said:
It was fun. No harm, no foul, but I just for the record every word I said was true.
And in this PM you say it's all true.

People has presented some pretty odd opinions here, and they've been debated. Your messages aren't debate, they are outright obscene personal abuse. I can't trust a word you say, but if you really do work for the US government like I do, I am ashamed that someone like you is representing us to the rest of the world. With the amount of personal abuse you heaped out this morning, I doubt you value anyone's opinion, other than your own.

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Let me rephrase then. I apologize for taking the trolling to a seemingly personal level. It was over the top and I am saying that with sincerity. Perhaps there are better outlets than this for guys who spend 260+ days a year dodging bullets. If you know of one let me know.

However if you don't accept an apology, simply say you don't accept the apology. Second off, you don't know me, what I do, or have done so don't go passing judgement about who I am or what I have done for the country. If being forward deployed for the last 3 years at great hardship to myself, my family, and having to give up everything I enjoy isn't enough for you then nothing is. I mean after all, I'm typing this from Kabul where I've been since January, and your sitting it out in Arizona. I'm not saying I know anything about what you do there, or that what you do isn't important or stressful. Only you can answer that, but I can make assumptions. Before here I spent 18 months in Iraq, and let me tell you, it was no cakewalk. My creds are posted up in the lounge section under who did what in the military. You do the math.

If it was a routine pattern I could understand you making a stand. A one time deal about some touchy subjects, and you want to make a case? C'mon. Amends have been made already. I'll just drop you into my ignore list and be on my way. Enjoy the sun in Arizona, stay safe, watch your 6.

Accept the apology or not, it's up to you, but either way I won't carry on like that again.

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Appreciate it Echo. I was being a jerkoff. I'm happy to stay and debate about subjects that are important.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Now that sounds better. I'll accept your apology too. I'm not here to bust your chops for no reason.

You're right, I don't know you. I can only judge by what you post, and this morning it was way past what I or many other people consider tolerable. As long as you want to honestly debate the merits of an issue, any issue, I don't have a problem. I may not agree with you but I do want to hear your opinion.

You don't know me. I spent years doing a job I can't even tell my wife about. I spent months at a time on ops, where a single mistake doesn't just kill you, it kills everyone you work with. I'm not really even supposed to mention this much. I had to give my parents power of attorney, and let them know I could never tell them were I was, or when I was coming back. And If I didn't come back, not to make a fuss, accept whatever cover story the Navy gave them, pay off my car and other debts and forget I existed. I was considered so valuable, and the knowledge I had so dangerous, I couldn't leave my assigned duty area without permission.

Now speaking about trolling,

I am curious about your $200K/yr "job". I was approached a couple of years ago about a job. It payed $100K for six months work or $200K a year, and involved being deployed to Iraq and possibly other unspecified places. I wasn't interested because I have a wife and a small child. Now I'm hearing stories through the grapevine. And I don't like what I'm hearing.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Reactor said:
I am curious about your $200K/yr "job". I was approached a couple of years ago about a job. It payed $100K for six months work or $200K a year, and involved being deployed to Iraq and possibly other unspecified places. I wasn't interested because I have a wife and a small child. Now I'm hearing stories through the grapevine. And I don't like what I'm hearing.
Contractor...don't use the "m" word. God fearing Americans would never stoop so low as to be mercenaries.