N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well N8, you nailed it. Clearly the problems in the UK illustrate that people who can't afford healthcare deserve to suffer and die.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You're aware that the root fvcking cause of many of the issues facing socialized healthcare systems worldwide is the United States and Big Pharma?
so we should ban the u.s. & pharmaceuticals?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
so we should ban the u.s. & pharmaceuticals?
Nah, just keep giving them huge government grants and subsidies, while their employees collect 50 grand bonuses every year and their stockholders get fat dividends and little old ladies pay $450 per pill for drugs they don't really need. The system is fine!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Nah, just keep giving them huge government grants and subsidies, while their employees collect 50 grand bonuses every year and their stockholders get fat dividends and little old ladies pay $450 per pill for drugs they don't really need. The system is fine!
why do they need gov't subsidies? i mean, every major company should be able to float a billion dollars in debt on the chance their live saving/improving drug would get fda approval in 8-10 yrs, only to have the patent ignored outside the u.s.
investors just love those kind of odds.

i'm pretty sure it's doctors - and not those evil pharmaceutical companies - who prescribe dear old nanny those drugs she doesn't even need.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
why do they need gov't subsidies? i mean, every major company should be able to float a billion dollars in debt on the chance their live saving/improving drug would get fda approval in 8-10 yrs, only to have the patent ignored outside the u.s.

i'm pretty sure it's doctors - and not those evil pharmaceutical companies - who prescribe dear old nanny those drugs she doesn't even need.
Sorry, I must have missed the whole situation with pharm companies lacking funds or investors.

Doctors are definitely just as much a part of the problem as the pharms.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Saving millions of lives is for poofs and bed wetters. Show me the f*cken money.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Sorry, I must have missed the whole situation with pharm companies lacking funds or investors.
what do you think would happen if gov't subsidies & tax breaks dried up? you think the investors would be willing to take on the extra risk? think of this situation as an economic hurricane, then take a look at nawlinz. the flood of money isn't exactly meeting the literal flood which destroyed it.
damn those evil doctors & their $100K student loans and avg cost of $100/hr just to keep their doors open. if we're being honest about root causes here, let's look into the unnecessary high cost of education.

wtf were we on about? ah, yes: red-headed, porridge-slurping, bedwetters

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

Huzzah to both points.

I'd also ad that Pharma seems to have no trouble coming up with marketing and ad budgets, along with providing employment for every blond cheerleader with big tits that graduates from college with no other job prospects...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I'd also ad that Pharma seems to have no trouble coming up with marketing and ad budgets, along with providing employment for every blond cheerleader with big tits that graduates from college with no other job prospects...
it's not the steak, it's the sizzle

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Huzzah to both points.

God, I love pharma reps. Hot, stupid, well-paid, all-expensed, and they bring their own drugs to the party.