Quantcast

Troy lee D2 cracked foam

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
I recently found that the foam inside my D2 is cracked, the shell seems ok. I did a search and didn't find anything but I think I saw a while back that troy lee design can replace the foam is that right? and can I deal direct with them or do I have to go trought my LBS.
Thanks
Vincent

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
In not much more time than it took you to start this thread,you could of an should sent an email to troylee designs themselves.
Maybe they could answer your question

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
True, it's just that everytime I e-mail a company it takes way more than 2-3 or 4 days to get an answer (not complaining about it, I know they are busy) so that's why I'm asking over here.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
From what I've heard about helmet construction it sounds like your helmet is done. They glue the foam in and once the glue cracks and the foam compresses or breaks thats it. If you crashed hard enough to do that the shell is probably damaged, maybe just not visibly. Hopefully for your sake I'm wrong because those are expensive helmets.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
^ Yes he's right

From my personal experiance

new helmet (a nice 'un) - $300-$350
vs.
Medivac trip and hospital stay (standard procedure so resorts can say they did their job to cover their ass from lawsuits) - $40K to the stars.

don't fix the helmet, u'll just end up getting your head fixed.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
You should personally call TLD. Don't play it off as a warentee or a defect, just say your helmet did its job, and you were wondering if they offered crash replacements for a discounted price. The reason I say this is; I honestly seem to remember reading something in the paperwork that came with my helmet about offering a discount on new helmets if your current one cracks.

Hell, its worth a shot.