Quantcast

Troy Lee Moto Shorts

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I picked up some Azonic shorts of ebay a while back for cheap and love them. I only paid like $10 or something and haven't ripped them yet.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
My Oakley ones were ok. They ripped a bunch and fell apart pretty quickly. I REALLY like my new Fly Freeride shorts. Check out the link for Fly on my signature. The shorts are super comfortable. They have the same material as basketball shorts on the inside for comfort and they have the tough outside like moto pants.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
partsbara said:
i have a set of TLD moto shorts and to be honest they would be overkill for trailriding...
Yeah I agree, I have two pair and they are great tough shorts for DH/FR but the don't breath that well and IMO kinda heavy and stiff for much extended pedaling.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Here's what I do: grab yourself a couple pairs of nice lycra-tight racing shorts. Head on over to Goodwill or another on-the-cheap clothing store and get a few pairs of wool (or whatever) baggies to wear over your lycras.

Pluses:
They look like normal shorts when you go to grab a brew afterwards.
Probably cheaper at the cash register than combos.
If you trash 'em in a wreck, who cares??

Cons:
You look a bit a like a hippie.
They can end up being a little too baggy for riding, in which case you lost $5 and have to go try a different pair.