Quantcast

Troy Lee Moto/Sprint shorts question

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
I'm looking at buying some new dh shorts, and was wondering if the Moto's are worth the extra few bucks as opposed to the Sprint shorts. Have the sprint shorts remained unchanged since 05'? Does anyone have experience with both? Any feedback is great.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I've got both. I like the motos because they have pockets. The sprint shorts definitely breathe better and have a beefier zipper.

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
I know the older motos like 05-07 were more baggy and a bit heavier in material than the newer 08-09's. The sprint is more racey fit meaning not too baggy and no pockets. Personally if u need pockets, get the motos. Also I think the material between the 2 are the same, light and durable regarding the 08-09 motos. I can get good prices, PM for prices.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
Mine fit right at the middle of my knee, I'm 5'11. If you are 5'6 they might be 3/4 length.
I'm only asking because I have Fox Blitz shorts and I realize that they are 3/4, but that's not for me. I'm looking for something that is a normal length for me. I'm 6 ft by the way.

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
i like the sprint shorts more! better fit! i take a hip bag with becouse the sprint shorts have no pockets. and the sprint shorts have a much better ventilation against my motos..

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
They are both wicked shorts, but I find you can barley feel the sprints. They are really light, And im 6'2 and both pairs fit around the middle of my knee.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I really like both pairs of sprint shorts I have, one old and one new.

i like the sprint shorts more! better fit! i take a hip bag with becouse the sprint shorts have no pockets. and the sprint shorts have a much better ventilation against my motos..
hahahaha you mean a fanny pack?

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
Thanks for everyone's input. I've decided on the Sprint shorts, simply because they are marginally cheaper, and apparently have better ventilation.