Quantcast

TRS+ (LG1 TR) or LG1+ for Yeti Sb-66?

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
which e13 chain guide is better suited for SB-66, the TRS+ (LG1 TR) or LG1+?
It really depends on what kind of riding you will be doing, gearing set up and if you want bash protection or not.
The LG1+ has integrated bash protection and the TRS+ is a guide only application for 1X gearing.

I would be tempted to run one of the new TRS+ dual ring systems on this bike. They will come in a direct mount bash version similar to the LG1+, and also in a turbocharger version(no direct mount bash) which you will be able to run with or without the turbocharger.

kickbike

Chimp
May 29, 2011
It really depends on what kind of riding you will be doing, gearing set up and if you want bash protection or not.
The LG1+ has integrated bash protection and the TRS+ is a guide only application for 1X gearing.

I would be tempted to run one of the new TRS+ dual ring systems on this bike. They will come in a direct mount bash version similar to the LG1+, and also in a turbocharger version(no direct mount bash) which you will be able to run with or without the turbocharger.
You right I forgot to specify, I am looking to ride this mainly for Enduro races. Yesterday I installed a TRS+ with 36T saint chainring but still thinking I need a mount bashguard?

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
You right I forgot to specify, I am looking to ride this mainly for Enduro races. Yesterday I installed a TRS+ with 36T saint chainring but still thinking I need a mount bashguard?
Just looking at the weight difference between the LG1+ and the TRS+, being about 51g.. if this is primarily a race bike I would say you have the right system.
A LG1+ would make more sense for DH race or AM riding.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I have the TRS+ on my SB66 and don't see the need for a bash. I just wanted a guide for chain retention.