Quantcast

Truck Owners....

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I need some suggestons for a tonneau cover for my 01 Dodge Ram. At the moment I have this crap one that has a cover with buttons all around the edge, but the thing has shrunk and it makes getting the buttons to hold a living nightmare, Not to metion in the cold. So I was wondering what you guys use, I want something temporary, easy to put on and remove and doesn't take up space because I offen have 5-6 Dh bikes in the back. Ohh and something that won't brake the bank, relitively cheap.Hoping it could be a christmas present....

Thanks, Dan

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
my dad has a pretty sick one that might work for you. Its like a horizontal garage door. It takes up about 8 inches of the bed behind the cab but its water proof and lockable (you need to get a tailgate lock to make it dick proof though).

Once you unlock it, it retracts itself and has a strap to pull closed. It will also lock like every foot so you can put some furniture in there and close off part of the bed.

It wasnt cheap though if i recall about 800 bucks but if you are looking for a hard lid this is the cats meow!!!

I will see if I can find out who makes it, but my guess is to go to a truck accessory dealer.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
beestiboy said:
my dad has a pretty sick one that might work for you. Its like a horizontal garage door. It takes up about 8 inches of the bed behind the cab but its water proof and lockable (you need to get a tailgate lock to make it dick proof though).

Once you unlock it, it retracts itself and has a strap to pull closed. It will also lock like every foot so you can put some furniture in there and close off part of the bed.

It wasnt cheap though if i recall about 800 bucks but if you are looking for a hard lid this is the cats meow!!!

I will see if I can find out who makes it, but my guess is to go to a truck accessory dealer.
I think I have the same one. Its made by Roll-n-Lock. Its the balls. But it is a lot of $$$. Over a grand I believe.