Quantcast

True Precision Stealth Hubs?

moeman

Chimp
Jun 28, 2004
St. Louis
Hi,
I'm pretty new to the forums and was wondering what everybody's thoughts were on these hubs...
http://www.trueprecision.net/index.html
Like?
Dislike?
Rumors?
Experiences?

I kinda like the idea of a silent hub, and the instant engagement sounds good, too.

Read the reviews on mtbreview.com, and there were thirteen positives and one negative. Seems pretty good, right?
Would like to make sure they are worth the money before i spend $300.00
on a hub, yeah know?
Thanks,
chris

Oct 3, 2003
Denver, CO
The stealth hubs are amazing, if you got the cash buy them now! you will not regret it i promise...the instant engagement is amazing, works wonderfully. if you have. people buy these hubs because of that instant engagement, and that is why they are so awfully expensive. oh yeah i work at a pretty reputible shop and have never really heard a bad thing about them. go buy them now if you can afford it.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
ive heard they can blow up. ive seen some pictures of ones with broken hub shells

GspotRider

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
Burnaby, BC, Canada
very heavy. I found water got in very easily...leading to rust and sticky clutch.

Mine sits unused as backup.

On the other hand, the noisy chris king hubs seem to work for me. Same with hadley hubs.

moeman

Chimp
Jun 28, 2004
St. Louis
Thanks for all the input!!!
I emailed the company and it sounds like they are revamping the mountain bike hubs,
because they said that the hub prototype should be ready in October.
Keep the info coming!!!
thanks,
chris