Quantcast

True precision vs Chrisking hubs ??

racelink

Chimp
Oct 9, 2010
Hi currently I,m running King on my dh bike front and rear I need another wheels so I,m asking True precision or Chris King hubs for the new wheels? other option : Hadley ?
thank´s

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
TP hubs are really only good for bmx style applications. They don't work well for DH/XC/AM stuff. They are pretty draggy, and they don't hold up the best for extended, high torque, sit and pedal up a big hill type situations.

TP Good: BMX, DJ, 4x
Bad: Everything else

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Woody has a true precision/stealth hub and rides it single speed with a tall chainring on a downhill bike. He's had it for six years or so. I don't know if he's ever maintained it. I'm not aware of any problems he's ever had.

I don't notice any drag when I ride his bike, not with the silly belt nor the chain he had previously.

Last edited:

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Hadley hubs are the way to go. I have ten year old hubs with no issues I serviced them two years ago, because it seemed like the thing to do.

Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
A friend of mine used the TP hub for a while. He had alot of issues with the bearing regularly seizing, and TP ultimately gave him his money back with the understanding that maybe their hub wasn't best fit for our unusually wet conditions. That was 4 years ago though, and it's possible they've improved their product since then. Cool concept though.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Extended high-torque engagement (think long climbs in a low gear) can notch the driver. As Sandwich noted, I use one on my 1 speed dh bike. Had it for years. Only re-greased it once because I had the bike apart anyway. I consider it to be the nicest made hub on the market, but it's not for every application.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Hubs? Why spend lots of cash on a front hub? Get something bling for the rear, front it's no difference. I'm for hadley

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i'm partial to hadley, but you can't go wrong with any of the following:

hadley
king
profile (currently king of the hill with a 208pt engagement hub)
I9
hope (heard mixed bag about them over the years, but it also sound like whatever issue it was had been sorted out)