Quantcast

Truing stand

muddywolf

Chimp
Jul 1, 2001
somewhere in the desert
I'm spoiled and have one of the Park Pro trueingstands that automaticaly centers the wheel. I usually only use it when building wheels though.
the rest of the time I use the brakepads on the bike and adjust them closer or farther from the rim as needed with the adjusting barrels
I think Park makes one that attaches to their stands for a decent price, but I have never used one so cant say how well it works.
sorry I cant offer more help

greasemonkey

Chimp
Jul 4, 2001
WA
my favorite is the old "pencil attached to the fork or frame with a rubber band" truing stand, followed by the inexpensive one Minoura makes (i think it's minoura) and on down the list, with the park "pro" self-centering ones all the way at the bottom. they're a pain to center, they don't stay centered properly, and they're generally a pain in the neck - i am forced to use these things every day at work. the real sweet very expensive super duper park one, with the dial guages and the big cast parts, is the only park one I like - but it costs a fortune. and it's easier to center a wheel with a cheap truing stand and a dish guage, which you can buy for $20 or so, or make one out of scrap plywood and a long bolt for about a buck'r'two.